SAP for Healthcare Discussions
Foster discussions about patient care, cost reduction, and operational excellence in healthcare organizations using SAP. Join the conversation.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI in ISH 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello all, I need information about the BAPI that come in the module of ISH 6.0 already definite.

regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Claudius
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

the set of BAPI's will not changed in SAP ERP 6.0 as SAP discontinued to develop new interfaces using this technology. The BAPIs can be displayed in the system using the BAPI Explorer (transaction BAPI).

Instead of BAPIs, SAP develops new interfaces now as web services (we also refer to them as enterprise services). The first set of enterprise services enabling SAP Patient Management functionality is planned to be available with EhP4 for SAP ERP 6.0, due end of this year. These services will mainly cover [Patient Management|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ESpackages/Patient+Administration] scenarios.

We will publish more detailed information later this year.

Regards

Claudius

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Claudius
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

the set of BAPI's will not changed in SAP ERP 6.0 as SAP discontinued to develop new interfaces using this technology. The BAPIs can be displayed in the system using the BAPI Explorer (transaction BAPI).

Instead of BAPIs, SAP develops new interfaces now as web services (we also refer to them as enterprise services). The first set of enterprise services enabling SAP Patient Management functionality is planned to be available with EhP4 for SAP ERP 6.0, due end of this year. These services will mainly cover [Patient Management|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ESpackages/Patient+Administration] scenarios.

We will publish more detailed information later this year.

Regards

Claudius

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Claudius,

Thanks for your help, but wanted to know if is possible to have an inventory with the BAPIS and web services that exist in this release of ISH, since in the project in which I am working, is important to validate that is not necessary to develop, and to exist algun development in BAPIS, my question is: we can emigrate to web services, subsequently without problems?

Claudius
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

not sure whether I understand your question 100%. In regards to the available BAPI's and upcoming enterprise service (ES), please see my previous answer. You can absolutely determine what is available in SAP ERP 6.0 (both BAPIs and ES), but ES in the area of SAP Patient Management will only be coming as of EhP4.

Now coming to the question whether you can validate that your integration scenarios are covered without additional development. I think that is difficult to answer without looking at the scenarios in more detail.

The question whether you can later switch from BAPI based integration to enterprise (web) services "without problems" is also depending on the scenario. In general I would assume that you should have an additional reason to change a productive scenario from one technology to another, for example gain more flexibility or a better re-use possibilities.

Perhaps you can give an example of your requirements such that we can better discuss options.

Regards

Claudius

0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

a list of available BAPIs in IS-H can be shown by using transaction BAPI.

After you have called this transaction, navigate to node "SAP Healthcare - Industry-Specific Components for Hospitals" to see available bapis on your SAP system.

Additionally there a lot of rfc enabled function modules which can also be used.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Axel