cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differnce in Accounts Payable Reconcilation Account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

My user has encounterd a problem, that there is a balace difference in the same GL reconcilation account if pulled from GL balace display(FS10N) and from SAP standard reporting using F.98 > Information System> Accounting Information> Balance in Local currency. Further the difference is only in last month of previous(March 2008) Fiscal year ( Fiscal runs from April to March).

Please give the possible area to look and/or advise me with some soutions that why is that difference is coming up on the same GL account if pulled from differenct places.

Help would be much appreicated and points will be awarded.

Request to reply ASAP.

Thank you again.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Check the balance sheet for the balance displayed there. Take that as a base and check if the other balance is statistical and analyse the difference amount.

Ensure all month end activities, revaluations, conversions, adjustements are carried out.

Take the balance sheet amount as base and go back wards to tally with the other balance.

Check in the mext month if these get adjusted.

Inform customer your reasons and observe next month closing carefully.

Regards

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Would you please check whether there were changes to the Gl account reconciliation in any of the vendor master data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vinod,

Can you please tell me how to check all the vendor for the gl recon accounts?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vinod,

I know how to check all the GL recon account for the vendor master data, but how to check any changes made to Vendor master data for all the vendors at the same time!

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Please give some input so that i can solve this situation, i need that to be done by sunday. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you all very much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

From past experience I have noticed, one reason for the discrepancy could be the selection criteria. Check whether the user has restricted FS10N per business area.

Also, try to find more details such as the amount and document/s for the difference. This could give a good clue.

Rgds

NW

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are on ECC 6 and activated new GL accounting then always use Tcode FAGLB03 for viewing ledger balance or FAGLLB03 for viewing line items. In new Gl accounting new tables are used hence some transactions do not get posted to old tables which results in difference in balances in FBL3n or F.98

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ketan,

Thanks for your advise but we have 4.7 version installed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Execute Balance carry forward for accounts payable. This is a year end activity to carry forward the balances. May be some documents might have posted after carry forward. Check.