cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation was successfully but cant start the portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I download the SAP Portal 7 trial version and installed it in typical option on Win XP. During the install it was asked to put the master password. The installation was successfully finished. Trying to start the server from the administration console it was asked to authenticate (put the username and password.) After typing of the credential data I get in a message box: "invalid credential, start failed: 2" and the start of the server fail. I retyped and even reinstall the Portal two times to be sure that I do not make a mistake but each time I get the same error!

I installed it later again and choosed custom installation option and step by step, put all necessary passwords and installation was successfully. But the result was the same and I get the error again!

Please help to to get the portal a start

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shadmehr,

Try the below when ask to login:

user: <your computer name>/username

password: password that was setup

I remember for NW04s preview - MMC requires the below, but not sure if thats the same situation as yours:

user: <your computer name>/nspadm

password: password given for nspadm when installting NW2004s

Hope that helps and award hepful suggestions.

Ray

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you. It does not help. I get still the same error!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hm..ok Shadmehr,

Last try below I head for bedtime and need to getup early for fishing tomorrow

Checkout the below resolved thread (talks about master password=SDM password).

Hope that can help you get started !! Award points for helpful suggestions and nic weekend.

Ray

Edited by: Raymond HENG on Oct 11, 2008 12:12 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

nobody would believe but the portal started after i put the authentication data which i used for logon to my windows xp system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am confused! Now the portal is starting.I think this will take plenty of time!

But i will not stay until the server start is finished and try it tomorrow. I will be back tomorrow and tell if the server run was finished!

Ray, see the forecast before y bunch your bug! They gave notice about frozen weather in Swizerland

PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The SAP MMC will ask for the Operating System Authentication. It is not the portal Master password or so. It is related to microsoft but not to SAP so it will just ask for the windows authentication for the basic security purpose

Thanks,

Raju Bonagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yesterday the portal started succssfully. I am now going to download JAVA development tools for portal. Could y tell me which Tools are for free or trial available?Do the Portal support Java 5 and 6 too?