Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert for "On Hand" below "Minimum Inventory" in last 60 mins

a_a
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

How do I create an alert which will give a list of Item Codes of a particular "Item Group" only whose "On Hand" quantity has fallen below the "Minimum Inventory Level" in the past 60 minutes?

Thanks,

Ajay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Alert management can be assigned with query. For your case, it is the query to resolve because you want to give alert only for certain item codes that have certain item groups.

Rgds,

a_a
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone.

Maybe I did not word my question correctly.

Could someone help me with the query because not sure if the Item Master has a field equivalent to DocTime with which to make the query for OITM.[OnHand] change in the last 60 minutes? If Item Master does not record the time changed, how do we find out when the OITM.[OnHand] qty becomes lesser than the "Minimum Inventory" qty - where should the time stamp be taken from to make the query?

Thanks again,

Ajay

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ajay

I am not sure if you read the 3 replies you have received. The system has functions out of the box to prevent / warn when this scenario occurs. Why would you want to create something custom through a query ? Is there is a reason if I may ask ???

OITM is not the table where stock information is stored. It is the OITW table. but the inventory transaction are recorded in the Warehouse Journal table (OINM)

Please look at the OINM table if you still are of the idea to do something on your own

Suda

a_a
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

To answer Suda's question: Different managers in our co. are responsible for MSLs for different "item groups" - and the ready made query sends alert to all of them - even for Item Groups not relevant to them. Managers had requested me to deactivate this ready-made alert and create alert which is only relevent to them.

Gordon Du and Jimmy Michael have rightly pointed out that for alert involving Item Groups, a separate query will have to be made.

Suda's guidance about OINM has worked and I have made 3 different alerts for 3 different "Item Groups" with OINM and DocTime.

Thanks to all,

Ajay

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

B1 has a buit-in alert that will trigger whenever any items fall below the "Minimum Inventory Level".

If you need only particular item group for the same alert, you have to build your own query.

Thanks,

Gordon

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a system setting to block or warn when this happens

System Init > Document Settings..General Tab.. Response to Release of Inventory below the Minimum Level: