cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Connection is fine.......... But "No data arrived from ECC"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

From Today morning onwards..........No data is arriving to the BI system from the ECC even though the RFC connection is proper. The error message says:

***************************************************************************************************************************

Transfer (IDocs and TRFC): Missing messages or warnings (Yellow color)

Request IDoc : IDoc ready to be transferred to application (Yellow color)

Data Package 000001 : sent, not arrived (Yellow color)

***************************************************************************************************************************

Then when I go to SM58 in ECC and execute the LUW's manually (F6) then the load gets updated in BW. And it happens to all the load.

Can any body know why this is happening? As when I run a process chain, each time I cant go to SM58 and update the LUW's manually...............Let me know Where can I start troubleshooting this issue.........

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

desgallagher
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Please check if the note 901878 is relevant for the problem you have.

Best Regards,

Des.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

As you have mentioned I have asked the Basis to look in to this issue, as all the connections parameters are in place. I checked the WE 20, WE21, SM59 etc... Des Gallagher, I have asked Basis to look into the OSS note 901878 which you provided. Thanks for al your suggestions and help. I will update you status if the they solve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Des Gallagher,

The Basis cannot find any reason for this behaviour...... They are ready to implement the OSS note which you recommened....... But they warned me that if any problem araise because of this OSS they cannot Revert back as the OSS note has Manual Correction...................

Did u applied this note in your company......... Did u face any issue........ We are in BI 7.0

desgallagher
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

I have not applied this note but I do not know of any issues with applying the note as long as it is valid for your release level. The note I sent you references the note 869628 , which is a basis note. The note explains clearly in the coding correct what release levels and support package levels the note is valid for. As long as the note is read carefully by your basis Team and it is applied using SNOTE then there should be no problem. You also may need to apply some pre requisite notes but SNOTE will tell you if this is the case when you try and apply the note. If your basis Team are not comfortable applying the coding correction from the note you can also upgrade your system to the release and support package leveles mentioned in the note.

Best Regards,

Des.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello This might be due to an error into IDoc port numbers between BW and R3.

TCode we20 we21

Matthieu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

tRFC is used while the r/3 tries to post the IDOC to the external systems.

if R/3 sends the IDOC then the IDOC will reach tRFC, were the status will be '03'. but it doesn't reached the receiver. in this case you could see it in sm58.

Manual Resend of messages: Use transaction SM58 and check through the list. If necessary, start hanging tRFC calls

under the Edit menu by choosing Execute LUWs.

For automatic tRfC failure recover, schedule the report RSARFCEX for periodic execution.

Hope this helps

Regards

Shilpa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shilpa Vinayak,

Thanks for your reply.........

For some reason my login for ECC production got locked..... I will try executing the report u mentioned later today or tommorrow........ and update u the status...........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To resolve this issue you need to contact the BASIS team. They'll be able to fix this. Basically the SM58 queue is hanging.

Once the BASIS guys resolve this issue, you should start getting the data without any problems.

Cheers,

Kedar