cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF Display in Webi

Former Member
0 Kudos

We schedule our reports to run both as webi's which go to the inbox and pdf's which go to an unmanaged disk location. For some crazy reason the pdf's do not display right. There are blank pages in between or the first page is blank, but the Webi version displays the way it should. Is there something in the CMC that controls pdf settings? Help please!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sometimes this happen based on ur design of the report, you must view this report in PDF mode before you save, so you can modify any configurations required to set the correct the design for the PDF

in the Webi itself preview this report in PDF Mode , from the icon Page Mode.

you will find the report come into a pdf inside the webi, so you can change the location of some fields to get it correctly.

good luck

Amr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christol,

In addition to Amr's comments, one more comment to add is when you get a "haywire" PDF when otherwise it looks good in WebI, a quick and easy way to help yourself out is to trim down the top/bottom/right/left margin under the Display entry of Properties when viewing the report/data in draft mode. The default value for all four are 76 pix, but if you set that to 30 or so, and then view in PDF mode that should rectify without having to do too much more other configuration. The lowest value you can go is 4 pix, however, only under extreme measures have I had to resort to going that low. Trimming the values slightly will save you time in trying to figure out what next column to shorten or wrap, etc, etc.

Thanks,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you I will try this and let you know how it works. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

John, i also appreciate your comment. I will look into this as well and let you know the outcome.