cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Authentication in Web Dynpro Application?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi @,

I need to use User Authentication for Web Dynpr application HOw can I use this feature to perform authentication and action control.

I have seen UME tutorial but its too complicated Is there any other help and document about how to start?

I have one application where I have to restrict users with certain roles to be able to do the same.

Regards,

Edited by: BeyondThe obvious on Oct 10, 2008 9:22 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member

Hi,

If you have already created the application and you want to include user authentication for that.

Follow the below steps

webdynpro->Applications-><Application name>

Double click on the application name.

You will get the properties.

It contains 2 tabs

1.properties

2.Application Properties.

navigate to the Application properties tab.

clcik on teh New button

you will get a popup

Select type Pre Defined

Next clcik on browse button.

Slect on Application properties "Authentication"

Value "true"

CLick on finish.

Deploy the appln.

Next time onwards when you run the application.

It will show the portal logon page for authentication.

Thanks & regards,

Naaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

If your application is stand alone (With out portal), then where you are keeping records of User roles?

You can compare the same and set the visibility property of the UI elements(true/false) in your application..

Please elaborate the requirement...

vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Amit ,

follow following steps to authenticate users with particular role and access application

in UME

1. Create role say AU1GRP in UME

2. Create user and assign Group AU1GRP

in Webdynpro

1. first make authentication property for ur application as true (right click application for editing property)

2. Write following code in init of component controller to check if current logged in user is authorized to access this application

IUser sapUser = wdClientUser.getSAPUser();

if(sapUser.isMemberOfGroup("GRUP.PRIVATE_DATASOURCE.un:URGROUPNAME",true) )

{

Perform Desired operation ie forcedlogoff or redirect to another page

}

you can get this full name of ur group "GRUP.PRIVATE_DATASOURCE.un:URGROUPNAME" , from NWA in general tab for Group

Hope this will help u

Regards

Kavita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Double click on your Web Dynpro application and in the Application Properties tab,

Select New -> Select the Pre defined radio button -> Click on the Browse button next to the Name field and select Authentication in the list that appears,

Select true of the Value field -> Click on the Finish button.

If you have followed the above procedure and then deploy your application, it will take you to the Portal page where the User can enter his credentials. The User (if he is authenticated) is then taken to your actual Web Dynpro application.

Hope this answers your question!

Regards

Kishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

while creating a application in webdynpro java, In first screen, just below the Application Name and Package name input fields, you can see a checkbox -- Authentication, check that checkbox and deploy your appplication. So after that when ever you run that standalone application it will ask for portal authentication credentials. Hope this may solve your requirement.

Regards

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Under Content Administration>Portal Content> Navigate to you role and open the role. Now navigate to your WD iView and right click on it and assign it to the role. Repeat the same procedure for the all the roles that you want to assign this application to.

Finally, assign all the roles to the users who should be having those roles.

Now, only the users with the roles assigned would be able to see the iView.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My Web Dynpro Application is standalone and is not part of portal.

Regards