cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Properties Window Missing in Crystal Report 2008 Designer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to display/change properties of objects like there is in Visual Studio 2008 in CR 2008?

I find the VS properties window especially helpful when dealing with boxes and lines.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vince,

There is no Properties window for report objects. If you right click on any report object it will display a window where you can apply the formating.

If you want to apply a box for a particular object right click on the object and go in Format field and border and apply the line style single.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks,

Sastry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The properties window in Visual Studio 2008 is much easier to work with for certain tasks.

One example would be to have all the horizontal lines in my report to end at 11500 twips.

In Visual Studio 2008 one would just open the properties window and paste in 11500 for

each of the line objects in the report. It avoids having to actually click on the objects too.

Sometimes that is difficult for lines at the top of sections. Of course, I always have the option of switching to the VS2008 IDE for these tasks (and I do).

Perhaps the developers of Crystal Reports could incorporate something similar to this in the CR2008 product. In some ways moving to CR2008 designer is a step down from the basic

functionality of VS2008.

-->Vince

Answers (0)