cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subreport Report line Shading carrying on past the end of the report page

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a report with an embedded subreport. The subreport has a silver color applied to the "Report Header b" section. The silver color carries on past the end of the page right into the dark grey border surrounding the report. Report headers in the main report do not exhibit this behavior.

This was not a problem before the report was converted from Visual Studio 2008 and I believe it is a bug in CR 2008. ?Is there any workaround or fix?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i gather the color is set in the section expert?

can you insert a text box instead and fill that in?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the color is set in the section expert.

I had been working around the problem with a ridiculous number of boxes filled in with white and the grey color of the border. While revisiting this I discovered that the problem was due to the subreport actually extending past the end of the margin of the main report. When I moved the right edge of the subreport container on the main report over, I could chop off the excess line shading. My reports look like excel output with gridlines and the problem I have is that the alternating background color didn't respect my left and right lines which I have as borders in my report. In a main report I use boxes with white color to mask the extra line shading, but this is tedious. Now that I think about it, I probably should draw the lines at the very edge of the screen and use the report margins so that they are inset the proper distance from the edge of the paper.

Answers (0)