Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KOMP and KOMK

former_member208541
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I was looking for an explanation about pricing through pricing communication structures. what i understood is that first the sales order values get copied to KOMP and KOMK structures and then if these structures values matches with those of condition reocrods then the condtion rate is set in sales order or billing.

i have one question, how do the system matches values in komp/komk structres with those in condition records (A table) i.e how do the system recognises that the sales org/material/customer values contained in structure is equal to condition reocrds values.

iam not an abaper but is this what is written in code.

komk-vkorg= A702-VKORG

komk-vtewg=a702-vtweg

komk-kunnr=a702-kunnr

iam not sure but how does the system knows what values of structure is to be compared with what values

regards

sachin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here you need to understand the functionality of structures.

Structure is like a table which is made up of different fields. Where as table stores the values, structures did not store any values. It is a temporary storage location. A structure can have fields from different tables.

When you are running a transaction system captures (Ex: Sales Org, Dist Channel, customer and material on which you maintains condition record) the values for Sales Org etc and stores it in a structure, based on these values it looks for a condition record, when it is found it will stored in KOMP or KOMK , when you want to save it then these stored values are pushed in to the tables against to the document number assigned to it.

Different programs uses many structures as and when required, you can discuss the same with a ABAPer.

Hope this will help you in understanding the structures,

Venkat Cheedalla

0 Kudos

Good explanation....Thanks for this information

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure what exactly you're having difficulty understanding...

The fields have the same names. When the pricing access sequence is configured, one has to specify which fields are to be used to determine the condition record. Based on the configuration, SAP generates condition tables (Annn). For example, if the condition record is by Sales Org (VKORG) and Distribution Channel (VTWEG), then the contents of the condition record fields (i.e. Annn-VKORG, Annn-VTWEG) must match with similar fields in the pricing structures. Yes, there will be a comparison somewhere IF Annn-VKORG = KOMK-VKORG, etc., although not in this exact form, of course. Most likely SAP code is using dynamic selection with ASSIGN and stuff (or at least I hope they do).

What is not clear in this process?