cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a ZDCR as opposed to using standard SDCR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Day;

It just seems to be a day for questions.

From the start we have been using the standard SAP transaction for Change Requests (SDCR), we are unable to modify our own.

Through an Issue created in SOLAR01, how can we create a ZDCR as opposed to the standard SDCR?

Thanks All.

Regards

Don

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RiccardoEscher
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I don't know what you mean here by SOLAR01, but the way to create an own transaction type is described in the IMG:

SAP Solution Manager -> Configuration -> Scenario-Specific Settings -> Change Management -> Change Request Management -> Extended Configuration -> Change Transaction -> Use Procedure Type as Template (SOLMAN_CM_GENERAL)

First you copy SDCR to ZDCR in ... -> Change Transaction -> Transaction Types -> Define Transaction Types (CRM_VORGANG_001) (please change the description).

Then you do the correlate copying in activity ... -> Change Transaction -> Change Transaction Types -> Assign Implementation to Change Transaction Types (SOCM_MAIN_000).

Now you can already work with your ZDCR. You might change the number range, and so on.

If you copy it this simple way you would use the standard profiles (status, action, and so on).

Beware that creating own profiles is a high level CRM customizing; if you have the need, I would suggest you to take an expert CRM consultant; if you prefer "learning by doing" you have to consider 6 month of learning and doing, incl. much much debugging because the documentation is not really satisfying.

Bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Riccardo;

Thank you very much. This has been a big help. As fas as creating our own profiles, I think we will tak your advise.

Thanks Riccardo

Regards

Don

Answers (0)