cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ReportDocument can't find typed reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, this is driving me crazy. I have a viewer on a web form and when I add a ReportDocument to the form it only has the option for untyped reports, it cannot find my typed report. I am sure this should work. I created a report called testReport.rpt and the cs file testReport.cs was automatically created with the class testReport. So shouldn't testReport show up in the drop down list of the ReportDocument insert dialog? Please if someone can help me out here, I'm ready to give up on this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Dan;

What you are seeing is probably correct in the version you are using. Crystal Reports 9.1 with Visual Studio 2003 is the first version of Crystal Reports with .NET. Being a bundled version it had less functionality than the full versions that came later.

I can see the reports the way you expect in full version Crystal Reports 10 with Visual Studio .NET 2003.

That said, you can still reference the reports in your application with no difficulty. Our sample "csharp_web_simplepreviewreport.zip" will give you five ways to access your report using Crystal Reports 9.1. You can download the package including this sample [here|https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100006252712008E/csharp_web_smpl.exe].

One further note, this is an older release. Have you added the updates available for it?

[Click|https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100006007662008E/crnet11win_en.zip]

Let me know if that gives you the information you need.

Elaine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the listing of examples Elaine! I will start going through these right away. I did run the hotfix you provided but there is still no option to select typed reports but hopefully I find something to help in the examples. I am having another issue with parameters now but it may not be related so I will post it separately.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Dan;

What version of Visual Studio .NET are you using?

Visual Studio .NET 2005 does not support Strongly Typed reports except for backward compatibility. If you edit a strongly typed report from an earlier version it will fail as well.

Elaine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elaine,

I am using VS 2003 with the embedded version of crystal that comes with it. I need to be able to print and export to excel and possibly PDF. We are upgrading to VS 2005 some time soon but I need these reports ready before then.

Thanks,

Dan