cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Connections Not Closing

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a very simple vb.net 3.5 web application that uses the Crystal Report viewer 2008 to open a report. My requirements are as follows:

1. Reports are built by another company and provided to us and used in a web environment

2. All reports contain parameter fields

3. The web application must be generic enough that a report can be added to a list and the user simply selects the report and provides database login information. The Crystal report viewer with handle the request for parameter values and prompt the user for their values.

4. All reports connect to an Oracle 10g server.

The above requirements have been meet and we have an extremely simple web application that runs the reports. It is working very well other than the crystal report viewer is not releasing the database connections. This is bad because the credentials are on a per user basis and that same user must login to a different oracle application simultaneously. They are being denied access because the credentials are already in use. We do not have control nor influence over the policies in use on the Oracle server. Ideally we would like to control the Crystal Report viewer so that it closes connections after use.

The web application code is:

Private Sub viewReports_Init(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Init

If Not IsPostBack Then

ConfigureCrystalReport()

End If

End Sub

Private Sub ConfigureCrystalReport()

'Load the Crystal Report viewer with a report.

Try

Dim reportPath As String = Server.MapPath(Session("reportname"))

crViewer.ReportSource = reportPath

Catch ex As Exception

Response.Write(Server.MapPath(Session("reportname")) & "<br/>" & ex.Message.ToString & "<br/>" & ex.StackTrace.ToString)

End Try

End Sub

Can anyone shed some light on this topic? Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Timothy,

It seems that you are having issue with SDK's.

Please post your question here:

[;

Thankyou for understanding,

Shweta

Answers (0)