cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aging report total amount has been changed

Former Member
0 Kudos

the total dollar amount for both AR aging and AP aging as of 8/31/08 keeps changing when i put new invoice in 'A/P invoice' or 'A/R invoice.'

or maybe because i cut checks through 'payment wizard' or made deposit using "incoming payments."

All the posting dates for those invoices and deposit were after 9/1/08, so it should not change the aging total as of 8/31. I don't know why it keeps changing. any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jitin_chawla
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are running Backdated Aging Report.

Please run the report by setting mentioned in Note No. 800294.

You can refer to following thread as well :

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Jitin

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

thank you for your help. the issue has been solved.

vanessa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vanessa,

The system will display the new invoices as "Future". Make sure you not only have your aging date as 8/31, but include a posting date to 8/31. This will then exclude any transactions posted after this date

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are experiencing the same issue. The balance sheet and trial balance match. However, I can't get the AR or AP aging to match the GL when I run a back dated Aging Report. The only time it ties to the GL is when I run it for the current date. I have tried every combination of box checking there is. I believe it's a bug. We are using 2007A PL30.

jitin_chawla
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Phil,

Check the Note [1178854|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1odSZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1178854] if it relates to the issue which you have mentioned.

Regards,

Jitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you! That answers the question perfectly. Corrected in 2007A PL38. I'd give you 10 points but I didn't start the thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry for the confusion...

We recently implemented the SAP system, and we're running accounting system simultaneously with peachtree right now because SAP isnt fully functioning yet.

We're trying to match aging AR & AP amount, run trial balance, and enter journal entries to match all the numbers with peachtree. That way, the beginning balance of September will match with the one of peachtree. i hope this makes sense to you...

but the total dollar amount of aging AP & AR report as of 8/31/08 is different when i excute the report every time. since it's already October and no invoices or credit memos have been issued with August date, the aging report as of 8/31/08 should not be changed at all. it doen't make sense and i don't know why this is happening...

Former Member
0 Kudos

i checked both boxes and ran the report, but the total amount didn't change at all... do you have any other suggestions? thank you.

vanessa

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thought the problem was that it kept changing?

What is the issue you are having?

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your reply. our system is SAP 2007. When i go to 'customer receivable aging," i see code, customer group, due date, posting date, and etc....

but there are no options of 'by journal posting' or 'by sales documents.' it only has two things to click in bottom. one is "display customers with zero balance' and "display reconciled transactions"

vanessa

jitin_chawla
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

In version 2007A, please check both the check boxs available on the customer aging window and then run the backdated aging.(for including the receipts and payments).

If you run the Aging Report by checking the "Display customers with zero balance' it will show the open balance of the Invoices for that backdate.

The results would be correct.

Regards,

Jitin Chawla

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should always have the check box for "display customers with zero balance" ticked when running a back dated report.

If you do not tick this, the report will exclude any customers who have a current balance of zero.

You should not need to display reconciled transactions to get a report that balances to your GL