cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to force a user to use a particular number series

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have setup my journal numbers such that under document numbering setup => Journal enteries I have the following document numbers

Name Start No Next No

Primary 1

Transact 400001 400016

Jnls 600001

The default is setup to Transact, so all system journals are posted against this number series (so all transactions effectively). I want one of my users to be able to input journals but they must use the Jnls number series. Unfortunately they are not responsible enough to always check the top left corner of the journal entry screen to make sure they are posting into the correct series.

How can restrict them so that they can only post into this series? (Obviously they need to be able to continuing posting AP/AR invoices which will ultimately be posted against the transact series).

Thanks

Dan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jitin_chawla
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Please check in Test if it can help :

Create two Journal Entry series and when you try to SET DEFAULT the series by clicking on Set Default, then you can assign it to specific user or to all the users.

Check if this is what you are looking for.

Regards,

Jitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick response however that is a little technical for me. I searched the forum for "Transaction Notification SP" as suggested, however I couldn't find anything with simple instructions for someone who doesn't know SAP.

Cheers

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

To set up this SP is only one time job. Not that hard even if you just know a little about SQL

Any solutions for your case need some kind of SQL knowledge. If you need solution, you have to learn it.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

I think SP_TN will be a good fit for you to force this user to use the right series.

You can check Transaction Notification SP in the forum to find related info.

Thanks,

Gordon