Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a screen exit to VA41.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to add two fields for the transaction VA41. Is there any screen exit present. please let me know.

Points will be given to the correct answers.

Reagrds,

Tirumala Reddy

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First you find the package for the transaction for which you need to apply screen exits, then goto Tcode->SMOD and give the package name to get the exit names for that package if any.

Then select the required Exit and goto the components of it and see the corresponding Screen Exits.

Select the "Screen Exit" and double click on it to see its code for our new implementation there add the newly created screen or subscreen which the exit is provided.

(to get the pakage name ....... in VA41 go to menu system -> status----get the program name)

go to the program and see the attributes ........ you will get the pakage name).

rgds,

venu

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tirumala Reddy,

Its the same process as adding fields to sales order via TCode VA01.

I can't take credit for this, I copied this some time back:

-

Adding custom fields to VBAK and VBAP

-

1. Choose the table VBAK or VBAP (depending on header or item)

2. click on button "append Structures"button and it will propose you the standard name for the table ZAVBAP or ZAVBAK

3. Add fields with prefix ZZ

4. Go to TCode SE51 maintain user exit screens in program SAPMV45A:

- 8309 user exit for header screen

- 8459 user exit for item screen

You can then design your own layout. and define your flow logic

PBO modules MV45AOZZ

PAI modules MV45AIZZ

Data definitions MV45ATZZ

Subroutines in MV45AFZZ

PeteA

0 Kudos

But we need sap access to edit the

program SAPMV45A: 

- 8309 user exit for header screen

Is there any other way other than this. Becoz giving access to sap objects seems not a good practise and i didnt get approval.

Regards,

Srijith R