Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Object and Subobject type

Hi Gurus,

I would like to know something about Object and Sub object type in Configuration tool for User Interface. What I mean is that I know that it should be possible to change by configuration the label of the field in one screen and configure it depending for example on the country of the user using the object and subobject type.

In this way I will have the same business role, with the same role configuration key but depending on the user the field will show a different label. The procedure on how geti it is clear to me, but what is not clear is where I have to assign the user.

I'll give you an example: let's say we have user A and user B. I want that user A sees for the field Trade Promotion ID the label "Trade Promotion" while the user B should see "Event ID". I can access to the configuration tool and assign these two different configurations to two different subobject types, but how the system is supposed to recognize the user and then shows to user A the correct label? Am I supposed to configure somethingelse related to the user?

Full of point if it helps,

thanks in advance,

regards,

A.

Tags:
replied

Yes Andrea.

Best Regards,

Karthik V

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question