Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing - condition type for DEBIT MEMO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have following situation:

(1) When I create a debit memo request with reference to billing document, then condition XYZ is added.

(2) When I create a debit memo request wittout ANY reference to billing document, then condition XYZ is NOT added (I can add it manually).

Strange, but when I create CREDIT MEMO REQUEST without any reference I don't have this problem. Condition is always added. Condition record exists and pricing procedure finds it for CREDIT MEMO REQUEST, but not for DEBIT MEMO REQUEST.

Because it is condition for "Discount" I'm wondering whether this is why I have this behavior. I would like to confirm it.

When I check "Analysis" for pricing procedure for DEBIT MEO Request I see message "Access not made(initialized field)". For CREDIT MEMO REQUEST it finds the entry.

Why access was not made? Any ideas?

regards

Rafal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rafal

Most probably for your debit memo, for one of the condition types, you have not initialised the field in access sequence. To check this, go to V/07, select the condition type which is flowing in your debit memo and click on [color:brown}"Accesses". Again select any table flowing there and click on "Fields". There see whether the required entries are flowing.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your suggestions.

I have done what you advised, but still I donu2019t see that pricing condition was found when I create DEBIT MEMO REQUEST. I have some doubts regarding your advice: why the same procedure, the same conditions will only not work for DEBIT MEMO?

The condition, which was not found is for u201Cdiscountu201D. As mentioned before condition record exists for upper level hierarchy node.

When I check u201CAnalysisu201D than for CREDIT MEMO REQUEST I see:

Access: Customer

Description: 123450000

Here system founded existing record for this selection.

The same for DEBIT MEMO REQUEST looks like this:

Access: Customer

Description: "YELLOW exclamation mark"

...so what could be wrong?

regards

Rafal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Last day I came back to the issue and debugg a little bit.

I set breakpoint in the form XKOMV_AUFBAUEN_AUS_KOMT1 when pricing is executed

What I see was difference in KOMT2 (accessess). I found that this is because KOMK-HIENRxx (xx=01, 02 etc.) is empty for debit memo, but not for credit memo. For credit memo system read it correctly and fills HIENR01 up to HIENR04.

In both docuement I use the same customer number and special condition is maintained for hierarchy node.

Why system does not read correctly nodes for debit memo?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Rafal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok.

I solved....but for the future I doubt if it makes any sence to post questions on that forum unless the answer is obvious.

For anybody who tried to help - Thank You!

Regards

Rafal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

your situation could be one of very many reasons. when access is not made, at least one requirement was not satisfied. this requirement could be related to your pricing procedure, your condition type, your condition records, your access sequence or even your doc type.

may i suggest you check which pricing procedure or procedures are assigned to your doc types and sales areas by doing OVKK. you will find the summary of combination: Sales org + dist chnl + div + doc type + pricing procedure + pricing condition type.

also check relevant condition records by doing VK13 or by generating the price reports V/LD or price list.

more information is needed for us to get a clearer picture of the situation.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I already checked OVKK. Anyway, even "Analysis" shows that the same pricing procedure is used.

In VK13, there is entry for "Sales Org./ Dist. Channel/ Customer Hierarchy", so condition record exists.

There is an entry for the number which is one level higher in the customer hierarchy.

20% discount for hierarchy node 123450000.

I create CREDIT MEMO REQUEST and DEBIT MEMO REQUEST exactly for the same customer (lets say # 123456789). For CREDIT MEMO REQUEST I see that system have found condition record for 123450000 (123450000 is one level higher in customer hierarchy than 123456789). For DEBIT MEMO REQUEST I see that access was not made. The question is why?

The only difference I see (apart of document type) is different material type (the same number but different types are used for CREDIT and DEBIT MEMO).

regards

Rafal