cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic creation of transportation lane between two Plants or location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am aware that when we cif Inforecords from R/3 to APO new transportation lanes automatically gets created between the Plant and Vendor.

The isssue which i am facing is that i want transportation lanes to be created between two plants . The TL should be created automatically. I could find the below details from sap help.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm41/helpdata/EN/3e/dfaf376ed96c21e10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

-

Transportation Lanes with Reference to R/3 Material Master Record

Storing a special procurement type with procurement type F: External Procurement and special procurement U: Stock Transfer (in the MRP 2 view of the R/3 material master record), means that the material has to be procured externally from another plant (supplying plant) or transferred from another plant.

To also be able to perform stock transfers for this material in the SAP APO system, there has to be a transportation lane from the supplying plant to the receiving plant. If you have transferred a material with this special procurement type from the SAP R/3 system, the SAP APO system automatically creates a corresponding transportation lane from the supplying plant to the receiving plant for the supplying plant (from the special procurement type) and material/plant combination. The transportation lane is given the creation indicator u201CSu201D for special procurement.

-

I am not able to make sense of special procurement U: Stock Transfer (in the MRP 2 view of the R/3 material master record),

Is this Special procurement some sort of customization as i could not find U: Stock Transfer in my implementation.

Please help me understand this. What exactly should i do to create TL between Plants automaticcaly through Cif.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to define setting in IMG for this from source to Target location.

Follow this path :

Production->Material Requirements ->Master Data->Define Special Procurement Type

example :

Plant 1004

SP type 40 Stock transfer (proc.from alter.plant)

Procurement type F External procurement

Special procurement U Stock transfer

Plant 1039

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I see Special procurement : 40 for stock transfer from alt. plant.We are using SCM 4.1

Thukral

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thukral for the reply.

When I analysed further i found that the "special procurement" is maintained in SPRO . I am still wondering if i put 40.Stock transfer for one material in MRP1/MRP2 with a particular plant location how it will decide the destination location at the time of automatic creation of transportation lane in APO.

I hope you or somebody else throw some more light on this.

I am using APO 5.0 and ECC.

Regards

Anand