cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of stripped HTML-Tags in Publication Mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm doing some research about the printing abilities of MDM PCM.

For this reason im searching for the HTML-Tags which are stripped out in the different Modes (especially Publication Mode)

I got a hind in "MDM Data Manger Reference Guide" on Page 521, that HTML tags are stripped out, but I can't find a List with the tags.

Regards

Christoph Kohler

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

In terms of properly viewing HTMLs in the publication modes, there is actually a small piece of intermediary software that is available to our customers who use MDM to publish catalogs. It is called the HTML filter. Basically what it does is translate your HTMLs to tags that may be read by the publication modes. Tags that are supported by this filter are:

attributesStr << " border-top-style:solid; border-top-color:black; border-top-width:" << borderWidth << "pt;";

attributesStr << " border-left-style:solid; border-left-color:black; border-left-width:" << borderWidth << "pt;";

attributesStr << " border-bottom-style:solid; border-bottom-color:black; border-bottom-width:" << borderWidth << "pt;";

attributesStr << " border-right-style:solid; border-right-color:black; border-right-width:" << borderWidth << "pt;";

attributesStr << " font-style:italic;";

attributesStr << " font-weight:bold;";

attributesStr << " font-size:" << dFontSize << "pt;";

attributesStr << " font-family:" << fontFamily << ";";

attributesStr << " text-align:" << textAlign << ";";

attributesStr << " vertical-align:top;";

attributesStr << " vertical-align:middle;";

attributesStr << " vertical-align:bottom;";

attributesStr << " background-color:" << bgColor << ";";

attributesStr << " vertical-align:sub;";

attributesStr << " vertical-align:super;";

Hard coded table attributes are

cleansedHtmlStr += StringNL("<table cellpadding=\"0\" cellspacing=\"0\" style=\"border-collapse:collapse\"");

The table cells support rowspan and colspan attributes.

<br/> is used for hard returns.

tags that are picked out of the source HTML are:

mainTags.push_back(StringNL("table"));

mainTags.push_back(StringNL("#text")); //meaning any text outside of the table

mainTags.push_back(StringNL("br"));

These three types of objects are represented in the filtered HTML with style attribute markup.

For example, #text is filtered to <span style = "font-family:Helvetica; font-size:7pts;"><p>my text</p></span>

The use of this filter is a temporary workaround. Development is planned to incorporate this process into the Data Manager so that the user will eventually have the option of creating HTML "variants" similar to the variants that can currently be created for images. This way, you will be able to store a version of the HTML code that is appropriate for both web and print.

Please contact me directly via email neta.zilberman@sap.com for further information regarding this issue.

Hope this is helpful,

Neta