File check / lookup
I'm developing a simple File to IDOC scenario. The problem is I need to perform a check on the <Header> field on the incoming XML file. This involves retrieving the header field and checking if it exists in a file called for example PreviousHeaders.xml
The steps are as follows:
1. Incoming XML file received
2. In the mapping retrieve file <header> from incoming file
3. Check whether the <header> exists in PreviousHeaders.xml
4. If it does cancel the processing
5. If not then continue the processing.
6. Add the new header field to the PreviousHeaders.xml file
Whats the best way of doing this? I can't use a database. I've considered ValueMapping as described in this https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00ee347e-aabb-2a10-b298-d15a1ebf43c5
I've checked out a couple of threads and blogs here
All comments would be appreciated.