Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export of global class

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody.

I want export a global class (SE24, Object Builder) to a local class in a INCLUDE, but unfortunally the Object Builder has no export function.

Does anybody know a way to change a global class to a local class?

Thx.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MarcinPciak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why do you want to copy global class to your code? It is global so should stay like this.

Instead you inheritance approach and extend your functionality.

CLASS cl_my_class DEFINITION INFERITING FROM cl_global_class.

9 REPLIES 9

MarcinPciak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why do you want to copy global class to your code? It is global so should stay like this.

Instead you inheritance approach and extend your functionality.

CLASS cl_my_class DEFINITION INFERITING FROM cl_global_class.

0 Kudos

I want transfer a class from a system to another system. There is no connection between the systems, so I want export the global class in a INCLUDE and use the Download/Upload-Function of the ABAP Editor.

A second goal is to save the whole class local on my Laptop.

Edited by: Wolfgang Pezda on Oct 10, 2008 4:29 PM

0 Kudos

User SAPLink Project.

Check out this http://code.google.com/p/saplink/

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

0 Kudos

I never heard from this Program. Now I check it out and Thx a lot, it solved my problem.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You know that you can always generate a transport file, put it onto a usb stick, or a CD or a DVD, and then copy it to the destination machine, and import it from there. The machines don't need to be physically connected.

0 Kudos

but how can he include it in a local class, is it possible...?

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijay - I already answered that question.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There's no easy way. I'm at a bit of a loss why you'd want to replace a global class witha local class that you include in your programs. What do you gain?

But if you insist, you can always cut and paste the public/private/protected sections of your class (making suitable modifications and assuming you're not on an old SAP version), and then you'd have to cut and paste the method implementations in as well.

Printing a class to a the spool is a fairly good way of getting all its details. Another alternative is to search these forums for where the includes that actually make up the class are - it should be fairly simple to write a program that would take that source code and construct local classes from it. But I still don't see the point.

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what Matt suggested is 100% correct, even if you use saplink it is not possible to include in a local class. so this option is ruled out completely.