cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split large flat files into multipleIDOCS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ...

What is the best way to split large falt file.... is there any File Split up Concept is available in XI

Thnx

Andy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check these blogs

<a href="/people/kannan.kailas/blog/2005/12/07/posting-multiple-idocs-with-acknowledgement">/people/kannan.kailas/blog/2005/12/07/posting-multiple-idocs-with-acknowledgement</a>

<a href="/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/12/22/file-to-multiple-idocs-xslt-mapping">/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/12/22/file-to-multiple-idocs-xslt-mapping</a>

Regards,

Sudharshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also check these one on file to multiple idoc, using java , especially for Large files,

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/29/java-mapping-part-i

Please refer Both parts of the weblog, the link is for part 1.

Regards,

Anirban.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

It is better to split the large files outside the XI. Inorder to split you can use scripts. Once it is done, then XI can pick the file and process it.

And there is one option in File Adpter( if you are using File Content Conversion) RecordSets per message. But it will not help you to split the large files as required.

Regards,

Moorthy

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The answer I have given is wrt Performance is concerned.

Inorder to split the file and to post multiple Idocs, you can use BPM if your system is below SP14. Since SP14 you can split the messages directly (i.e in Interface Determination) and you can post multiple Idocs

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy,

Thanks

According to you if the system is below SP14, we have to split the files and send as input to XI and if it is SP14 then splitting can be done directly in Interface determination, if so can you tell me the procedure for how can we split messages directly in Interface Determination.

Thanks

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy -

Before you go through the trouble, the new SP14 mapping based message split (or mapping based interface determination) cannot be done for your scenario in which the target system will be receiving IDocs. This is mainly because the actual message split takes place in the Adapter Engine and the IDoc adapter is not a part of the AE.

But for a little more info on the functionality, a weblog is available:

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

Best regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Thank Q very much ....

I had learned a lot from ur postings..... which helped me a lot

Thn once again

Andy