Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move material from quality stock to unrestriced

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am having a situation.

While doing a GR for a purchase order the product went to QI stock. now I want to move it back,But the system is not letting me do it.On further investigation I check out that the QM view has been maintained for this material too. Now there is an inspection lot also created for this material due to the Material master QM view maintenance.

Please help me in bring this stock to unresticted storage location.

Is it possible any how to reverse the GR for this purchase order.Althogh I have tried every thing I knew for this.

Please advice.

Regards,

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

former_member608385
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Vivek,

If you want to cancel GR Then ....

- Use T-Code 'MIGO' to reverse GR & Enter PO No., , Movt type 102, Change Stock type to 'Quality Stock or Unrestricted' where the material presently is, Enter Delivery Note, Enter the Quantity to be reversed then click on Post icon to post it. The Quantity will be reversed to the PO and subsiquent Inspection lot will be cancelled automatically.

- Now Go to MM02 --> Delete Inspection type '01' for the material & SAVE.

- Again do the GR for the same material for the same quantity.

- Now the stock will be available directly in Unrestricted Stock.

OR

As you said that inspection Lot has created already and then you can directly record UD and post the stock to 'UNRESTRICTED' as per your requirement. But for that a Inspection plan must be assigned to the lot first.

So do as per your need if you are not required the Inspection Plan then please go with the first option.

Please give the feedback on findings.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Please see my reply.

Regards,

Vivek

former_member608385
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Please delete the Inspection Type '01' thru T-Code 'MM02' then try to cancel the Doc. Or

Try as i mentioned in my First option to cancel the GR thru MIGO.

Please Revert with findings.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

The system is not letting me to do the reversal. I have tried to do what you are asking.

Regards,

Vivek

former_member608385
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Do it as follows :--

1. T-CODE 'MIGO'

2. Enter PO No. & press enter

3. Select A01'Goods Reciept'

4. Enter Movt Type '102' GR to PO REVERSAL & Press Enter

5. Double Click on the Item Line for which you want to cancel the GR.

6. Change the 'Stock Type' to Quality Inspection in 'Stock Type Column for this Item.

7. Check the Document by Clicking on Check icon & if every thing is OK then POST it.

Please Revert with Findings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shymal,

This what I am doing.

Still cannot do.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If QM active means - you can Record the result and make UD and post the stock from QI to unrestricted

If you don't want to inspect that material?

then Cancel the lot and then reverse / Cancel the material doc

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAMI,

Please explain me how to cancel the inspection lot.

Regards,

VIvek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

OPTION:-1 Result Recording and UD-Stock Posting.

- Prepare inspection plan for the Material with the same usage as the inspection lot has (Mostly it tends to be 5) trx QP01

- Assign the Inspection plan to the inspection lot. Trx QA02

- Do Result Recording for the inspection lot. Trx (QE51n,QA32, etc) {you can skip this step}

- Perform Usage Decision and Stock Posting trx QA11

It is legal way to post the stock from QI to unrestricted use.

But if you are not intended to go with QM for this material then, here is option 2 for you.

OPTION:-2 Cancel the lot.

- All of Cancel the GR (Material document number) Trx MBST

- Now Deactivate the Inspection type from the QM view of Material Master.

- Now prepare the GR again, but this time either you need to change the "stock type" for the line item details manually from QI to Unrestricted, or you can change it in the Purchase order itself (the Stock type for the line item), and straightway Post the Gr to Unrestricted use.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shymal,

Thanks,But I have every thing suggested. In case for MBST I am getting message"Change the inspection stock of material SIN96-066F in QM only"

The problem is I am not able to cancel the GR anyhow.Please advice.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are not able to cancel the GR (that normally don't happen) then go with OPTION:-1

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shymal ,

I am not able to do any thing thing.

1. Not able to cancel.

2 Not able to reverse.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I hope there will be no any issue regarding Authorization to cancel the document, with the ID you are using to cancel!!

To cross check it, as soon as you get the error, get out from the trx and run SU53. if there would be any unauthorized object for the Last trx run by the ID, it will show over here.

And if that also don't work then go with the OPTION : -1 I have suggested, that will be permanent solution for this particular material.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal,

I do provide support the client using this ID So I do have all the privilages.

I try to check the documentaion,

Thnanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vivek,

Now I would suggest to leave the short cut and perform RR &/or UD.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shymal,

I m not trying any short cuts, but this material is not supposed to have QM. But I suspect during the master data upload this view might have been created, so this is the issue. I hope u can understand now.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vivek,

Then it must allow you to cancel the GR.

Ok do one thing in OMJJ temporarily make the trx MIGO or MBST allowed for movement type 101 (Reversal one for 101) and 321.

Then Revers the Document and reset the settings according to as it was.

Regards,

Shyamal

former_member608385
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal,

How are you .....

movement type 101 (Reversal one for 101) is it 102 ???

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Atul,

Thanks for the correction over here.

Yes I wanted to represent 102 (the reversing one for 101). Yes Off course it is 102.

Thanks again for the correction.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shymal,

I had to do RR & UD to resolve this issue but was not happy doing it as the material is not supposed to undergo QM.

BTW can u help me in my latest issue just posted today