cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Data from BPS in the web

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts!

I tried to implement the how-to-paper for uploading and downloading data to/from BPS in the web. So far everything was clear. However I experienced the problem that the transfer of the file contents (using the download function) from ABAP-Exit-function to event handler in BSP using ABAP-Memory doesn't work.

I noticed in SM04 that when I call my web interface, two sessions open. One for the web interface and one for the page, which is used in an iframe in the web interface. So I wondered if this can be the reason, because as far as I know the transfer of values via ABAP-Memory is not possible over different user sessions. The question is why there are two sessions opened. Can this be cotrolled by setting stateful/stateless mode?

Maybe someone had similar problems and solved it. Any help appreciated.

Please avoid just posting links to the help sites.

Thanks in advance.

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marc!

Thank you for your reply!

I have implemented the upload (which works very similar to the download function) on another system and only one session is opened, although an iframe is used.

The download function works in the preview of the web interface builder (opens only one session), but not in the web browser (opens two sessions). There must be some setting, which controls if an extra session is opened for an BSP in an iframe or not.

Best regards

Michael

former_member93896
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

it works as designed. You mention exactly the right point: The download runs in a different session. Therefore you must not integrate it using IFRAMES, which give the users the illusion that there is only one session.

I'm not aware of any solution that would provide full integration. If you really need it you will have to modify the standard BPS web interface functionality.

Regards,

Marc

SAP NetWeaver RIG