Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the name of a tab that is onto a tabstrip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How can i change the name of a tab that is onto a tabstrip created with wizard?

Somebody help me pls.

Thanks to everybody.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You simply need to open the screen with the Graphical Screen Painter Layout tool, double-click on the tab that you want to rename, enter the new name (either the Name of the field itself and/or the Text to be displayed on the tab). Make sure you activate your screen.

Regards,

Jamie

0 Kudos

Hi James,

firstly i'm sorry for my answer because i've posted my solve incorrectly.

dynamicly i want to change the name of a tab that is onto a tabstrip created wizard.

i want to change it in my program .dynamicly .

Now can somebody help me pls ?

thanks again.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for clarifying. Here is what you need to do to be able to dynamically assign a text to your tabstrip tab:

(1) From the screen painter, double-click the tab that you want to have a dynamic text label.

(2) Set the "Output Field" attribute (i.e. check this checkbox on)

(3) Create a global data field in your ABAP program with the exact same name as your tabstrip tab pushbutton.

(4) Within the PBO (or possibly PAI depending on how you prefer to code it), assign a text value to the global ABAP field using whatever conditions your logic requires.

(5) Activate everything.

Now when you run your transaction, the text of the tab will get whatever value you have passed to the global ABAP field that has the same name as the tabstrip pushbutton. Since the text is controlled within your ABAP code (by assigning various texts to the global field), the tabstrip label can be controlled dynamically.

Regards,

Jamie

0 Kudos

Thank you very much James your reply solved my problem. Really i'm pleased for solved.

i hope you don't have any problem.

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered