cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserting data in backend

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using smart sync project how to insert data in backend table ?

Regards,

Sunaina Reddy T

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Smartsync will not insert anything in your backend. You need to create a BAPI wrapper to do so.

To call the BAPI wrapper you simply need to create new record of that SyncBO on the mobile client.

Thank you,

Julien.

msc mobile Canada

http://www.msc-mobile.com

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julian,

I have taken the example from help to test the application.I have followed step by step procedure but I am unable to insert the data.What might be the problem?Pls reply soon.

If possible can u see that example in help ?

Regards,

Sunaina Reddy T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You may then check on the Middleware side, if the RFC connection to your bapi wrapper is working and that your code is not returning any error and maybe you can crosss check via synclogs if the data was sent from the client.

Regards,

Poornima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Poornima,

Thanks for the reply.What is the procedure to crosss check via synclogs if the data was sent from the client.I am new to this .Can u pls send reply soon.

Regards,

Srikanth Reddy.T

Edited by: Srikanth Thatipally on Oct 16, 2008 6:36 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikanth,

Please go through the below link: It will address most of your queries.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/4c/7862a6642eab40ac7abf34e9048c93/frameset.htm

Hope you find it useful,

Poornima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julien,

ya i created bapi wrapper.

but i don't know how to call that bapi wrapper from smart sync application. can u tell me steps ?

Regards,

Sunaina Reddy T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You do not call the bapi wrapper from the client. You use MI client API to create a syncbo entry and once that entry goes into the middleware, the middleware will take care of calling the bapi wrapper.

Julien.