cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replenish to Maximum stock level problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need some help understanding the "Replenish to maximum stock level" lot size.

we currently have this settings in the material master.

MRP Type: Manual reorder point planning

Re-order Point: 31,705

Lot Size : HB (Replenish to maximum stock level)

Minimum Lot size: 343

Maximum lot size: 0.00

Maximum stock level : 41403

The problem:

Example 1: The current available quantity is 25,948.

Because the available quantity is below the reorder point, MRP should generate a planned order of

41,403 - 25,948 = 15,455. But the system only generates a planned order for 6147. which brings the available quantity barely above the re-point.

Example 2: The current available quantity is 30,223

The system generated a planned order of 1,492.00. Which is again barely above the re-order point.

Shouldn't the system be creating a planned order for the different in the available qty and the Maximum stock level? Is there anything else i should be looking at to fix the problem?

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ajay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I already am using the MRP Type V1 which is manual reorder point planning with external requirements. I finally figured out the problem. In the configuration of HB (maximum stock level replenishment lot size) i had to check a "maximum stock level variant 1". This did the job.

Thank you all for your answers.

0 Kudos

b28 Hello..Where did you change "max stock Level Variant 1"?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Can you check & let me know if the total external requirements is 390 for the material you have stated in example - 1?

Rgrds,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Actually i got the current available quantity of 25948 (beginning inventory of 34900# less 8952# of orders/deliveries). If i changed the min lot size to 10,000 then everytime the available quantity goes below the re-order point it creates a planned order for only 10,000 units. I dont know what i am missing!! It is not even considering the maximum stock replinishment. This is happening for every material with the previously mentioned settings.

Thanks for your help.

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

At the moment i am not in front of the system to check. But based on your inputs, i believe it could be because your reorder point planning is taking external requirements into account, just check the same in customizing & you should the be able to solve the issue.

Rgrds,

Vivek

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Please give more exact information:

1. MRP type: VB

2. Lot size: HB

3. Reorder point: 31 705

4. Maximum stock level: 41 403

5. Minimum lot size: 343

a) What is the stock level? (do not say "available qty", say the stock level that is displayed for "Stock" MRP element)

b) Sum of requirement (that are on MRP list with - sign)

c) Sum of stock-like MRP elemnts (PO, firmed PurReq, PrdOrd, firmed PldOrd)

d) The last number on the MRP list, column "Available qty"

e) Anything else that might be important to know.

Thanks,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Csaba,

Thank you for taking the time,

Information you are looking for:

1. MRP type: V1 (manual re-order planning with external requirements)

2. Lot size: HB

3. Reorder point: 31 705

4. Maximum stock level: 41 403

5. Minimum lot size: 343

a) Stock Level : 34900

b) Sum of requirements: 8952

c) None.

d) Available Quantity: 25,948

e) FYI: This is not a problem with a specific material, it is a problem with all the materials with the above setting.

Now when i run MRP for the above, a planned order is generated for 6714 qty. It should actually be generating 15455 (this is what i want to see 41403 - 25948).

Thanks,

Ajay

Let me know if you need any more information. Thanks

Ajay

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Thanks for the info.

As I understand SAP is working as per your settings:

34 900 (Stock) + 6 714 (PldOrd) = 41 614

41 614 - 343 (minimum lot size) = 41 271

Please consider that maximum stock is 41 403, you go above it because of your minimum lot size - as you can see.

If you want to consider the requirements, please choose the appropriate MRP type (RPP with external requirements - maybe it helps).

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/f4/7d256344af11d182b40000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. Ajay,

If you want the system to replenish upto the maximum level, then do not consider external requirements. Make the changes in IMG for your lot sizing procedure & MRP type.

Assign the new key in your material master & re-run MRP, you will find that the system will replenish upto the maximum stock level as specified by you.

If that answers your problem, award suitable points & close the thread, if not revert back.

Rgrds,

Vivek