cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from 6.40 -> 7.10, Analyzer giving compile errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are testing out an upgrade to SAP GUI 7.10 (SP 9, V7100.2.9.1039), BEx (SP7 P1 R1352).

When running queries in the Analyzer, we get the following error "Compile Error: Can't find project or library" and the VB editor pops up to the following VB code:

Public Function BEx() As BExApplication
  Set BEx = Application.Run("BExAnalyzer.xla!GetBEx")
End Function

I can shut down the debugger and the results are available but the VB windows continually pops up when any modifications are made to the report.

The following shows up in the trace although I'm not sure if it is related:

* Trace Started as: 10/10/2008 10:11:17 AM*

ListSeparator: ,
ExcelVersion: 11.0
AddinVersion: 7100.3.701.1352
BExCheckFrontend.CheckFrontend: No Check performed (20081003) 0
Errors while executing the 7.0 exit : SAPBEXonRefresh
Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A9C68
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.InternalLateCall(Object o, Type objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateCall(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn)
   at com.sap.bi.et.analyzer.addin.BExItemGrid.CallExitSAPBEXonrefresh()
-------------------10/10/2008 10:20:39 AM-------------------
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800A9C68): Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A9C68
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.InternalLateCall(Object o, Type objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateCall(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn)
   at com.sap.bi.et.analyzer.addin.BExConnect.FindLF(Object& iRange, Object& eRange)
Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A9C68
   at com.sap.bi.et.analyzer.addin.BExConnect.FindLF(Object& iRange, Object& eRange)

Any debug ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

Can you please check that the following settings are correct in Excel.

1. Make the following setting in Excel:

o Tools

o Macros

o Security

o Trusted Sources

o [x] Trust Access to Visual Basic Visual Basic Projects (CheckBox))

Also ensure that the default macro security setting is set to "Low".

Let me know how you go.

Cheers

Shaun

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahh, after much hairpulling I finally found the problem here:

It was simply a global workbook setting.

Thanks for all your response, hopefully someone else will benefit from this.

-Adam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, that has not seems to have worked.

I am still getting the error after copying all the .tlb files:

To: C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\Bw

In 640 pkg, the only customized variable is SAPDestDir is set to %programfilesdir%\SAP\FrontEnd

In 710 pkg, the customized directories are:

SAPBIDESTDIR = %ProgramFiles%\SAP\Business Explorer

SAPFRONTENDDIR = %ProgramFiles%\SAP\FrontEnd

SAPFRONTENDDIR = %%USERPROFILE%%\SapWorkDir

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergo,

I honestly searched the notes high and low and didn't come across that note. Thanks for the pointer, I'll try the suggestions and report the results.

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,

This is 7.0.

The error is occurring on multiple installations (pilot users). This occurs when running the query only.

There is no .xla files in C:\Program Files\SAP\Business Explorer\BI, but the .xla files all seem to be present in

C:\Program Files\Common Files\SAP Shared\BW.

I ran the SAPBExCheck.xla and it came back all green (there were some yellows in the 3.5 add-in component, but we aren't testing that component).

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Note 1234965 - References to BExApi missing.

looks like your problem...

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

Also try coping the BExAnalyzer.xla located in "C:\Program Files\SAP\Business Explorer\BI" to "C:\Program Files\Common Files\SAP Shared\BW".

Do you get the error when running all querys?

Does the error appear when opening the query, or only when executing it?

I'm also assuming you have tryed reinstalling the Gui just to rule out an installation fault?

Cheers

Shaun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Silly question, you are running BI 7.0 or BW 3.5?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I had the macro settings at Medium and have just tried them at Low, still getting the same error though.

Also, I have everything else set as you suggested.

-Adam