cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I connect to a Sybase database from Crystal?

wendy_douglass2
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have never tried to connect to Sybase data before and I am having difficulty figuring out how. I am using CR XIR2 from my desktop and trying to connect to what I am told is a Sybase database (voicemail system). I believe Sybase vers 12.5, but not entirely sure yet. Postings on the forum and other sites appear to be directed toward sdk developers or other development and were not helpful. Most of what I am reading points toward an Adaptive Server® Enterprise (ASE) ODBC Driver by Sybase. However, I was told that was not true but the person promising to forward the information never came through. Are there additional drivers I need to install or can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wendy,

32-bit NATIVE DRIVERS

CRDB_P2SSYB10.DLL is the native driver for Sybase ASE. It is used with Sybase ASE 12.5

NOTE: The native driver for Sybase ASE cannot be used to connect to Sybase ASA (Adaptive Server Anywhere) or Sybase ASIQ (Adaptive Server IQ). Sybase ASA and Sybase ASIQ include their own ODBC drivers as part of their installation package. These drivers provide the only means of connecting to Sybase ASA and Sybase ASIQ databases.

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Prashant

Edited by: Prashant Saduwale on Oct 10, 2008 4:19 PM

Answers (0)