Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Key Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am stcuk under a typical doubt.

I am adding a new Overhead Rate in the Standard Costing sheet ZDDD. I am using a Credit key ZC2, which is having one cost element and cost center mapping.

This cost element is maintained row wise in the cost component structure.

Now, when I run the material cost estimate of a material for a plant, it is picking the cost element of the credit key ZC2, but it is taking the cost center which is not being maintained in the credit key.

In the credit key, I have maintained a shared cost center for the overhead rates of 6 plants. But it is not picking the cost center which is maintained in the credit key. however, it is picking the corresponding shared cost center of the plant where material is created.

My doubt is when I have not maintained those cost centers in the credit key then how and from where it is picking the corresponding cost centers of the plants?

One more thing is, it is happening only if the name of the credit key starts with 'Z'. If I maintain AC2 instead of ZC2, it is picking up the cost center as per it is maintained in the credit key.

Please help me and show me some direction, I am not able to find out any solution for this.

Thanks,

Prithwiraj.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, It is quite intriguing to look into your problem. I have several times customized costing sheet. The credit entries invariably goes to the Cost Center to which the credit key is assigned. If your problem happens to get resolved if you create credit key, starting with letter other than 'Z'. Then you can try that. Otherwise, if you are double sure that the system picks up the different cost center for the credit entry other than what is assigned against the credit key. Then it is a fit case to post a message to SAP for quidance. Trust this helps much! Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Yes, I am sure it is picking up the cost center which is not maintained in the credit key. However, it is picking up a correct cost center only. It is picking the corresponding shared cost center of the plant where material is created and cost estimate is being run. That is very fine. It is identifying the corresponding cost centers of the respective plants. I am wondering how it is happening, I can't find the root cause. I checked with ABAP'ers for around 2hrs who tried debugging and finding out, but it very difficult to trace.

I don't know if it is a separate functionality which has been added as an enhancement.But in production servers also 'Z' credit keys are existing and it is picking cost centers like this scenario only.It is actually good, but I am not satisfied since I haven't found the answer yet.

Can you guide me how I can post a question to SAP for guidance for this purpose?

Thanks again for your help.

Prithwiraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, If that is the case, I think that component EXIT_SAPLKSAC_003 of user exit COOM0001 has been used. You can check though CMOD/SMOD through the support of your technical consultant. Trust this helps much! Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

Thanks again for your reply.

Yes, i will check with my technical consultant as per details given by you.Can you please elaborate more on whatever you said. What is CMOD/SMOD?

It would be easier for me in that case to explain to technical people if they ask me.

Thank you very much for your help.

Prithwiraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, These transaction helps us to find the customer exit and then, if found activated, where it is being used, etc. Please go through the link below. I got this link to begin with now in the net and I shall try some more and support you. http://www.abapprogramming.net/2007/09/user-exits-in-detail.html Trust this helps much! Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes please let me know if you get to know more on these.

I am going through these details, let me check if it helps.

But, if you get to know anything pertaining to my question please let me know at the earliest.

Thanks again for your help.

Prithwiraj.