Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to download and convert RTF/DOC file in DMS into PDF file

LN1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello.

We're on ECC6.0. We have a requirement to get the *.doc or *.rtf file checked in DMS, convert it to pdf format and download it as *.pdf file. The document data is stored in DRAO-ORBLK (LRAW data type). Has anyone programmatically done this? What is the process to achieve this? I've read in the forum that you should first convert RTF(.doc) data to OTF format using CONVERT_RTF_TO_ITF and then you will get the script format from rtf data. Generate the spool using the script data. Convert the spool to PDF using CONVERT_OTFSPOOLJOB_2_PDF. However, the fm CONVERT_RTF_TO_ITF uses RAW data type. There's also fm CONVERT_OTF_2_PDF but I don't know how to implement this for my purpose.

Also, if Adobe Distiller is installed on the SAP application server, can it be used from an ABAP pgm?

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

I realize this a rather old post, but was wondering if you managed to do this as I am having a similar requirement. Appreciate if you could share any solution or findings.

Thanks,

Lashan