Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Keyfigure giving error while Query execution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

Reporting Requirement here is to

Display a ROLLING Key figure which is a sum of Previous Four weeks.

So if we are in Jan st week, the key figure should be the sum of last 4 weeks (which effectively is December month).

In Jan 2nd week, the Key figure should be the sum of last 4 weeks (which is 3 weeks for December and 1 Week for January)

So if I run the report today (2nd week of October), I should get individual columns for last 36 months with this calculation applied to for each column.

We tried to create a Cell Editor and put in a Virtual Key figure there to populate the data. The Virtual Key figure works fine/ok in Development environment. The moment we transport the code to Quality and the huge data comes in..the Query starts failing. Tried to debug it as well using RSRT, but it does not even come to the Code and gives an error message.

Did anybody faced something like this ever before?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit..

We had similar problems and went on to discover that there is a 2Gig limit on internal tables... Please check the amount of data you are evaluating and limit that if possible..

Ashish..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys for your replies.

Seems the issue was with the way the Code was implemented.

We are now able to run the code. Still need to check it for Quality/Production data if it works for a huge dataset.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

I think you are trying to fill some internal tables in the code which could be failing because of limitations.

You can verify it in the test system by giving small selections and see if it issue with the huge amount of data only.

Virtual key figures have a limitation of performance and is not recommended if dealing with huge amount of data as it will very slow and may lead to faillure as well.

Thanks

Ajeet