cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrad from CR 9 to CR 10 Missing Parameter Value When Export Report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

As my subject line is similar to many other threads, but i have found no help from all those threads.

I have a working application in VS 2003 with SQL server. The application reads the parameters from the .aspx page and then generates the report and exports the report to specific format like PDF, EXCEL.. The application works fine.

Now we want the same to be done from a Windows Services application. I have written the same code working on the Web Application in the service but the service does not produce the desired result.

It gives "System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Missing parameter values" exception for some reports while other reports exported very well.

Can anybody help me in this?

Also i was using CR 9 bundled with VS 2003, but now i have installed 8.5 and upgrade CR 10 for that.

Thanks in advance.

-Rashmi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rashmi,

Can you clarify the details of your development environment? Open Visual Studios, go to the Help menu, and then About Visual Studios. You'll see a list of Installed Products. What does it say for Crystal (you do not need to include your keycode [the 19 digit number])?

Open your windows application and go to the Solution Explorer. Expand the References folder and highlight the Crystal references. What are their version numbers? The version number is listed in the Property Explorer, typically at the bottom of the list.

Crystal Reports 8.5 won't update your VS2003 IDE, but certain editions of Crystal Reports 10 will. Depending on your version of Crystal Reports 10 you may or may not have upgraded your bundled edition (v9.1) of Crystal Reports .NET.

Once you're able to clarify the version of Crystal you're using it'll help with your original question.

Sincerely,

Dan Kelleher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dan,

I check under VS 2003, it says "Crystal Reports 10 for Visual Studio .NET" for CR.

And also after Installation of CR 10, when i open my solution it asked me to update the new version. So currently i can say my project is using CR 10 only.

Also want to clarify some more details about my problem. I have a Windows Service which checks the DB for any new Report request and if found it generated the Report and export that to specific format.

I perform some more testing and found some reports are generated with the error "Missing Parameter Value" or "Error in File C:\DOCUME1\DSD079\ASPNET\LOCALS1\Temp\{B6ABFA28-DF96-4D48-9F03-9E3B1D248405}.rpt: Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters", while some reports are generated without any error.

Please let me know if code is required.

Thanks Dan.

-Rashmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Give it a try to give read permission to the folder of reports and temp folder which is under your account for the aspnet account (in case of web application) or to your account name(in case of windows application).

Hope that helps!!

regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rashmi,

The error (Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters) suggests that the report is having an issue connecting to the database. I don't know how you're connecting to the reports but you should check this first.

If your reports are connecting via ODBC make sure the DSN is correct, and that it's a system DSN. If you're using other connection typed (e.g. OLE DB) make sure the database clients are properly configured.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Dan Kelleher

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

My problem has been solved. I have tried to run the application on Test server and it works there.

I am not sure what was the issue with my machine but then i tried to replace my reports with server reports and the code start working on my machine also.

I think there is some issue with reports only but not so sure.

Thanks for your replies.

Regards,

Rashmi