cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FH007 When deleting alternative account in P&L account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I'm facing a problem when trying to remove the alternative account from a P&L account, even it hasn't collect any movement during this fiscal year.

We need to delete the entry on SKB1-ALTKT field and block the account for posting but, when trying to save the modifications, system issues error message FH007 "Change not allowed since account balance is not zero".

Could anybody suggest how to avoid this error? Is it due to being a P&L account and hence we should also modify them moving "P&L" indicator to "Balance Sheet" on SKA1 entries?

I can not reproduce the error because I have no access to the system, but user has asked me for a theorical solution.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by: LIDIA FERNANDEZ on Oct 13, 2008 4:19 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lidia,

it is not easy to change the alternative accountnumber. The reason for this is that the ALTKT is stored in some postingtables, just changing/deleting the ALTKT can cause heavy inconsistencies. It works only if the balance is 0, this means carry out a transferposting, change ALTKT and make a reversal of the transferposting.

It is not recommendable to change the PL indicator to a BS-indicator.

If you have a PL account, just carry out a transfer posting with the actual balance to a clearing account (prefer balancesheetaccount) i. e. Interimsaccount debit / PL-account credit.

Now change the field ALTKT. Carry out a reversal posting PLaccount debit/interimsaccount credit.

Hope this is helpful for you.

Best regards

Horst

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it is a P&L A/c. and if balance c/f program was run for the previous fiscal year, then the balance in the a/c. must have got transferred to retained earnings a/c. and the a/c. balance must be zero. In that case, it is surprising that system is throwing the error msg. even though there are no transactions in the current fiscal on that GL acct. Could you again run FS10N or FBL3N on this a/c. for current year and see if there is any balance in the a/c.?