Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

custom search help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

I want to create a search help that read data from a table and show this data, but only a selection of this data and not all.

So, I created a custom search help, with an exit search help ( refernce at F4IF_SHLP_EXIT_EXAMPLE ).

Inside this help I put the selection, with code like reference F4IF_SHLP_EXIT_EXAMPLE .

My problem is: the match code show all data of table and not the selection !!!

Any idea ???

Tks a lot,

bye.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the selection step after receiving the required entries from table you have to pass the details to the following FM 'F4UT_RESULTS_MAP'

where SOURCE_STRUCTURE is the selection method name(Table structure name)

APPLY_RESTRICTIONS = 'X'

SOURCE_TAB is the table with u to pass the selected new entries

other parameters are general..

Finally set the CALLCONTROL-STEP = 'DISP'.

Thanks&Regards,

Karthik.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you follow the examples instructions precisely it should work...

Have you changed callcontrol-step (at step selection) to 'DISPLAY'? (if you did not the standard selection will be done after yours).

Kind regards,

hp

0 Kudos

HI,

yes, I changed it, but not run correctly.

0 Kudos

In your ZF4IF_SHLP_EXIT_EXAMPLE, delete unwanted records from record_tab in the proper step, which means between

IF callcontrol-step EQ ...

If you cannot find which is the best, make your extra validations (updating itab record_tab) out any of the IF's, so it will be called always (just check if record_tab has values to do your code).

Regards,

Valter Oliveira.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the selection step after receiving the required entries from table you have to pass the details to the following FM 'F4UT_RESULTS_MAP'

where SOURCE_STRUCTURE is the selection method name(Table structure name)

APPLY_RESTRICTIONS = 'X'

SOURCE_TAB is the table with u to pass the selected new entries

other parameters are general..

Finally set the CALLCONTROL-STEP = 'DISP'.

Thanks&Regards,

Karthik.

0 Kudos

Tks Karthy,

i solved my problem,

bye.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looks you need to share your Search Help Exit code to get the Problem resolved....