Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Binary form

bartlomiej_lach
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts!

I have one question. I have variable or structure and now I want get a binary sum form of it. I thought about TRANSLATE statement but I'm not sure that is proper way. So if you have any hints I will be gratefull.

Thanks in advance

BL

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please explain further. I've no idea what you are talking about. Give an example.

5 REPLIES 5

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please explain further. I've no idea what you are talking about. Give an example.

0 Kudos

I.e.

I have variable or structure name i.e. uservartiant.

In this structure I have some data i.e. (name, plant, work center).

Now I want to see binary sum of this data, like you can se binary sum of file.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So, some kind of parity check? You want to convert the fields into binary form and see what the value is?

You'll have to convert the entire structure to xstring. What's the purpose behind this?

matt

0 Kudos

I have to check response time in some transactions. I know how to do it. But I also have to know why response times are different. Cause is database and sytem or someone changes their variant to not to see somethig (if they don't see something they don't do it). So I want to save with all logs binary sum of variant to check if user changed his variant.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The binary sum won't be guaranteed unique. I.e. two variants could have the same binary sum. Sum for AB = sum for BA.

I'd simply put whole structure into the key.

But otherwise, you could use a hashing function as in function group SECH.

E.g.

CALCULATE_HASH_FOR_CHAR

CALCULATE_HASH_FOR_RAW

matt