COPA Upgrade 4.6 ECC6 TC KE30 Display report old variants are no longer av

Former Member
0 Kudos

When opening a report we get the message:

-

Report will be converted automatically! -> see long text

Message no. KH305

Diagnosis

The structure of the internal tables for the report changed when you upgraded your system. The report definition therefore needs to be adapted to fit the new table structures. This procedure is called "conversion".

System Response

The system will attempt to convert the report automatically. If this is done without errors, you can continue processing the report.

Frozen report data will be lost during this conversion.

Procedure

It is possible to convert all the reports for an application using the report monitor (Transaction KEMO).

-

To run this is no problem, but when I select a variant I get in some cases the error:

-

Variant C903-A-CY of program GP8MOGSR6I6KYM5CMRYTM5GY5LY is not the current version

Message no. DB634

Diagnosis

You attempted to start report GP8MOGSR6I6KYM5CMRYTM5GY5LY using variant C903-A-CY. Since this variant was generated, the report SELECT-OPTIONS or PARAMETERs have changed considerably, i.e. the type or length no longer match and PARAMETERs have become SELECT-OPTIONS or vice versa. Many of these changes are so serious that even attempting to import the variant results in runtime errors.

Procedure

Adjust or delete the variant

-

Is there a way to solve this or do we have to make screen prints in the old version and when going live to create (change) them?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Execute report RSVARDOC_610. In the report field (S_REPORT) enter the program name as shown in the message. In this case from your example, it is GP8MOGSR6I6KYM5CMRYTM5GY5LY. Click on execute. Your variant will be rescued.

Normally, there is a change in the date field format. Correct that and save the variant. You can do a multiple selection programs and execute.

Alternatively, you can go into SE38, enter the report program name and click on the variant icon. Select the variant you want to correct. From the menu, select Variants --> Adjust.

You can get the report generated program name for all your other reports by right clicking on the report in KE30 and selecting: Report Parameters.

Cheers...

Answers (0)