cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Percentage calculation on the Vendor payable amount

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am putting up a scenario and the requirement related to the vendor payment. It is as follows :

It is an agricultural business. Company is making down payment to vendors at the time of purchasing goods from them. They pay the balance after the end of season say after 1 or 2 months. While making the payment, they calculate 16% commission on the remaining amount and pay the same over and above the balance payment to the vendor.

Requirement :

a. They want that 16% commission to be calculated by the system and make the posting with the consolidated payment.

b. They want it in bulk and hence through automatic payment program.

Kindly suggest at the earliest.

Thanks And Regards

Sagar P

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

NA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sagar

The question is interesting but you have to be more clear and specific.

As I understand from your question the requirements of your client are as below.

1, He advances the farmers before season and would like to have a 16% commission (interest) irrespective of time scale on the amount he has given as advance (Down Payment)

2. He settles the vendors after the season (1 to 2 months later) with balance of amount (Purchase value-(Advancve+Commission));

3. Finlly he wants that payment program should take care of all this ?

Let me understand through your confirmation whether i received you clearly before breaking my head.

regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramki,

Thanks a lot for showing interest in helping me out. Also regrets for not replying soon.

I will explain you the process in detail :

This scenario is for their Sugar Factory.This client does contract with two types of vendors : 1. Contractors who owns Tractors & 2. Contractors who owns bullock carts. The contract is for a seaon in the year which is basically from October - March. Here contractors will provide sugarcane to the company. Here the company gives advance to the contractors and start purchasing sugar canes throughout the season. Their process is as follows :

1. CONTRACTORS PAYMENT SCENARIO :

The Process : Advance to Contractors = Rs.150000 / Tractor.

2. BULLOCK CART CONTRACTORS SCENARIO :

The Process : Advance to Contractors = Rs.20000 / family.

Payment & Deductions :

Contractors will provide goods / services for free till the advance given is fully recovered. The entry of advance given will be made in the books in the first instance and the deductions will be settled with every bill / invoice raised by the contractor.

During the season :

10% amount will be held (or recorded against security held) on every supply / service provided / Bill made.

Amount of Diesel / Bamboo sticks etc. will be settled.

(ii) At the end of the season :

Remaining amount if any will be paid after 15 days (as per the normal vendor payment process i.e. payment every 15 days)

Requirements of the client from SAP :

1. 10% Amount deduction while each bill / invoice posting to these contractors (they will settle it at the end of the season)

2. Diesel Amount to be settled at the time of each invoice

3. Commission % to be specified to each contractor : 16% in the above case ( if advance taken) & (ii) 20% who do not take advance.

Kindly help.

Thanks And Regards

Sagar Padhye