Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R/3 Field description - table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I try to find a table or view on R/3 side to get the description of some fields. I have already tried DD03T but I cannot find the description in this table.

In SAP BW there is a table called RSDJOBJT to get the description of all the Info Objects. Is there any similar table on R/3 side?

Thx,

AK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope while finding the text for the field you also need the table information, because the text may change for the different tables.

May following FM and tables may be handy:

FM: DDIF_FIELDINFO_GET, here you need to pass the table and field as input then you can get the text of that field.

Tables: DD03T.

Hope this may help you, if so please do not forget the assign the

Regards,

Vishwa.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope while finding the text for the field you also need the table information, because the text may change for the different tables.

May following FM and tables may be handy:

FM: DDIF_FIELDINFO_GET, here you need to pass the table and field as input then you can get the text of that field.

Tables: DD03T.

Hope this may help you, if so please do not forget the assign the

Regards,

Vishwa.

0 Kudos

Hello,

thx. But I need sth. similar to the table RSDJOBJT to search for more fields. You can use the programm for searching some fields but not for block of fields at a same time.

AK

0 Kudos

Hi...

DD01T R/3 DD: domain texts

DD02T SAP DD: SAP Table Texts

DD03T DD: Texts for fields (language dependent)

DD04T R/3 DD: Data element texts

DD06T R/3 DD: texts on SQL tables

DD07T DD: Texts for Domain Fixed Values (Language-Dependent)

I think these tables will meet all our requirements with simple queries.

Thanks,

Naveen.I

naveen_inuganti2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi...

Check this table:

DD04T

Thanks,

Naveen.I

0 Kudos

Hello,

thank you very much. This is the perfect table, I could find all the required texts.

Thx

AK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also use DD01T for the domine text.

Regards

Vishwa.