cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Catergarization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Need to maintain 03 levels of categirization for material master other than THE MATERIAL GROUP.

Material needs to be categorized under main group , vendor group and country group.

What are the possible fields that can be used? Is the same can be maintained under product heirachy?

If so how? Please guide.

Regds.

NalindaR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Product Hierarchy allows you to create multiple levels of categorisation but this field is used by sales. Make sure you're not affecting their process.

An alternative is to use Material Classification.

Also I've seen companies dividing the 9 character material group to identify levels,e.g.

Material Group

001 Level 1

001001 Level 2

001001001 Level 3

002 Level 1

002001 Level 2

002001001 Level 3

and so on...

Phyllis.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Both,

Thanks a lot for the comments

NalindaR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nalinda,

It seems to me that you first need to define where you will have to show this categorization. By this I mean if categories are to be shown as sales data, basic data, purchasing data, accounting data.

If you share your db with other countries, main group and probably vendor group (assuming that 1 material can only have 1 vendor group even for different companies) should be defined as basic data.

But your country group should be at your sales/plant level.

Anyway, you should verify where you will have to show the categorization, and check the standard reports (i.e. Sales reports based on product hierarchy, or purchasing reports based on material groups, etc).

Hope this helps,

GS