cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you run multiple COM4ABAP services on the same machines?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We need to receive IDOCs from multiple SAP systems using the SAP DCOM Connector, which is used by the BizTalk Apater for SAP to deliver the IDOCs to our BizTalk 2002.

Looking at the SAP DCOM Connector configuration, I can configure multiple "Destinations" in order to send IDOCs to different SAP systems, BUT I can only configure one COM4ABAP service in order to receive IDOCs from, then, only one SAP systems.

What should I do in order to receive IDOCs from multiple SAP systems on a Windows server?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Regarding BizTalk 2002, now it's a old plateform and 2004 was the only first which was enough mature...

May be you have to update you BT for BizTalk 2006 (great) and you will have a new SAP connector very powerfull.

You can also contact CODIT. Codit is an expert on BT and they developed a SAP Connector

[http://www.codit.be|http://www.codit.be]

Former Member
0 Kudos

MS BizTalk is based on .NET architecture which was recognized by the SAP Business Connector for SAP XI 3.0. In 2006 SAP discontinued support for the Business Connector in conjunction with the release of SAP PI(XI) 7.0 (current release is 7.1). SAP PI 7.x is a 'pure' JAVA environment (sinble stack installation - JAVA) and thus is incompatible with MS .NET architecture. The MS .NET connector native support was also dropped at that time. Hence there is no support within SAP for BizTalk.

My recommendation is to first convert your .NET IDOC structure to a "Web Services" (which Microsoft does support), import your IDOC via SAP PI 7.1 as a "Web Service" (not native to SAP PI, but with some custom Programming it can be done) and at that point it will then pass through SAP PI and emerge as an XML IDOC which is recognized by all SAP NetWeaver 7 & 7.1 (CE) Modules. This is a bit of a hassle as each connector will require this same custom programming exercise, but after the first one, you should have a template that you can leverage for the rest.

One point of caution, DO NOT try this with Business Objects or Crystal Reports forms. The SAP Marketplace is flooded with notes about problems and offers only a single solution - Microsoft has to re-write its internet protocols (SGML - W3C) to conform more closely with current JAVA standards for HTML and XML. The odds of that happening........ Just to keep all things in proper perspective, Microsoft calls its XML offering MSXML and its HTML offering MSHTL which are based on the older XML 1.0 specification. The XML 1.1 specification has been widely utilized by every other software company since 2003. The XML 1.1 specification does not allow for "Extension" and "Enhancement". Nor did the European Court of Justice when it ordered Microsoft to rename its internet products as they had strayed to far from the stated established standards (hence MSXML & MSHTML).

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you google my question, you will discover that Jonathan Maidstone has written an article with "alternate ways of running multiple COM4ABAP server instances as standalone programs", see http://www.sappro.com/article.cfm?session=&uid=dd9b4063-ebba-4246-ad36-670ea42aeb6c.

Unfortunately, I do not have a subscription to the SAP Professional Journal, but I was expecting to get an answer from someone who has read the article

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any ideas?

I know that now only the .NET Connector is supported, but I think you will have the same problem with the NET4ABAP service... Is it true?