cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE:Matrix

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In my form, i have 2 matrix.one is itemmatrix and the other is parameter matrix.If i chose an item,and enter no of sample value means(for eg. 2) then in parameter matrix the parameter correspond to the item code gets loaded.When i click nextsample button then next set of parameter gets loaded.My problem is,

when i chose another item in matrix 1 and after entering no of samples then the matrix2 value should be cleared and parameter for the the 2nd item should be loaded.when i clear the matrix means the parameter related to 1st item gets erased.while adding how should i get the parameters related to item1.Also, as per the 1st matrix row changes, i should list out the parameter as per the itemcode.How should i solve this problem.

Thanx in advance....:-)

Kind Regards

Mohana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Annadurai,

I have a solution about this issue, and i am not planning to write all codes about that, just give a rough design.

hopefully, it will be helpful.

You can use your Matrix 2 like this way. Each column stands for each item in your matrix 1 choosen. Each row stands for specific parameters. such as

Item1 Item2 Item3

Parameter1

Parameter2

1, each time when your adding another item in matrix, you can update the matrix with new column. for example, you add item4 in matrix1.

you can use oMatrix.Columns.Add("item4", edittext).

2, you have to take care each cell value by recordset, not by binding datasource.

for example,

oRecordSet.DoQuery ("Select value from ParaTable where itemcode = "item4" and parameter = "Parameter1"")

then set the value into corresponding cell by.

oMatrix.Columns.Item("Item4").Cells.Item(1).Specific.value = oRecordSet.Fields.Item(0).Value

Regards,

Warren.

Answers (0)