cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the neetest way to create a SAP-SAP interface?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

For a customer I have to realise a SAP CRM -> SAP link and vice versa via XI. For me this is the first time to realise such an interface, my idea is to do it like this:

1) create a function to extract the data from SAP CRM, via abap-proxy to XI and then again via abap-proxy to receiving SAP-system. But then how do I trigger starting this extract-function? Via batchjob?

2) create a download-program that selects the data from SAP-CRM, creates a file and stores in specific folder. XI polls on this folder, reads it in and communicates via abap-proxy to SAP2. For selecting the CRM data a a batchjob will be created that starts the abap to select the data.

But..is this the way to do it? Or is there a nicer way?

Any suggestions are welcome

Thanks and regards

William.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183906
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Option 1 using SPROXY - abap proxy from SAP to CRM is to be used in ur case.

U r having case of client and server proxy both :

SAP to CRM

In case of a client proxy you need to create a report in SE37 and call the method in it. logic will be in the report i.e to select the data from table.

CRM to SAP

In case of server proxy the logic is written in the method that is generated during proxy creation.

hence once the file is triggered it will atomatically trigger the proxy and the tables will be updated.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

1) create a function to extract the data from SAP CRM, via abap-proxy to XI and then again via abap-proxy to receiving SAP-system. But then how do I trigger starting this extract-function? Via batchjob?

2) create a download-program that selects the data from SAP-CRM, creates a file and stores in specific folder. XI polls on this folder, reads it in and communicates via abap-proxy to SAP2. For selecting the CRM data a a batchjob will be created that starts the abap to select the data.

But..is this the way to do it? Or is there a nicer way?

Approcah 1 looks fine ABAP proxy to ABAP proxy. You can schedule the report as background job and automate the complete process. With this even error handling during this communication, alerts are clean

Thanks

Gaurav

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Either use RFC or ABAP proxy as ur aim is to achieve synchronous communication. Ur design step 1) with proxy seems good enough.

U may schedule the ABAP report calling the ABAP proxy or u may schedule the RFC for triggering purpose.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi William,

I think you are going in a right direction. But, just check out if you use IDocs that would be easy to post the data in SAP system.

Regards,

Vivek LR