cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order According to the Customer PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am very new to SAP SD. I am using ECC 6.0 machine.

When i search and display any sales order, it contains PO number. I want details of this Purchase Order. For that i used 'BAPI_PO_GETDETAIL'. But after executing it shows me that 'PO Does Not Exist.'

After some investigation i realized that it is a Customer's Purchase Order. I need the details of the Customer PO. Is there any built in BAPI which will give me these details?? Or any table which will store the details of this PO so that i can write custom RFC to fetch data from the same??

Any Help??

Thanks,

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

do i understand correctly that you would like to see information related to the customer's PO?

1) normally, you receive a call from the customer with his PO or your salesman submits a customer's order with customer PO, and you create a sales order. you manually enter the PO in the field for PO in the sales order. the details of the order are what you enter in the sales order.

an alternative is that the customer PO details are first entered in an inquiry or quotation, which are later referenced/copied when you create a sales order.

that's about all of the details you can get. however...

2) if you use IDOCs or XI in receiving orders from the customer, the XI consultant maps the customer's PO number and targets the PO field in the sales order. if this is what you do in your project, then the XI consultant can help you with the PO details.

hope this helps you even a little.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prashant,

Customer PO number is part of a sales order Business Data. Customer PO numbers can be entered at the header level and as well as the item level. My Company uses item level Customer PO numbers. You can use the Field VBKD-BSTKD to get the PO number. For header PO number pass POSNR='000000'. For items use POSNR='item number'

If you are sure that you don't use item PO numbers now or you won't use in the future then you can simply use the field VBAK-BSTNK as suggested by Arijeet above. This will give you the header PO number.

Regards,

Chandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

look in VBAK-BSTNK