Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem while displying the message in ECC6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I Have come across a strange problem in Ecc6.0 system which while I CHECK IN 4.7 Vsersion it workly perfectly fine.

While i display message in the following format in Ecc6.0

MESSAGE 'test' TYPE 'I'.

The system instead of displaying 'test' it goes to message class 00 and gets the message 001 and displays it.

could some one tell me why is this problem occuring .

Thanks in advance.

Neha.

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you tell me what is the message is displaying. Since in message class 00 - message 001 its just 9 place holders.

Thanks & Regards,

Navneeth K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you inserting the message in a User exit or something?

If so the problem might be that some other message ( numbered 001 here) is overriding your message and instead of your message being displayed it is displaying the other message. To check if everything is working fine convert this from and information message to an error message and check once if the message that is displayed also changes to error. If not it is not a problem you are thinking you have.

Regards,

Pramod

0 Kudos

HI ,

i am not inserting into any user exits infact i have wiritten a simple test program even there it gives same problem no matter what message type we use ,it goes and picks the message number 001(No vendor specified) from Message classs 00 and displays it.

report Ztest.

MESSAGE 'test' TYPE 'I'.

0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a peculiar situation. I think it is better for you to create your own message class and proceed further,

Regards,

Pramod

0 Kudos

change source code as follows:

report Ztest message-id 00.

MESSAGE i001 with 'Test'.

0 Kudos

Many of the satandard programs are using this type of format for displaying messages at some places so thats why need to know the reason why its happening .

0 Kudos

Even i tried it in ECC6.0 now, it perfectly displayed a information message 'Test'.

I used the same source code as you had given. Try to create one more new program and do it.

0 Kudos

Has it solved your problem

asik_shameem
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Its a peculiar problem in SAP. I don't know what is reason behind this.

Alternatively, you create a Message class ZMSG in SE91.

In the message 000 set the value as & .

Then in the program,

Instead of MESSAGE 'Test' TYPE 'I'.

Do the following.

MESSAGE I000(ZMSG) WITH 'Test'.

You can use same code for every messages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

it would seem method cl_message_helper->set_msg_vars_for_clike is what sets the sy-msgid and sy-msgno.

perhaps it should set sy-msgno to 000 ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem come from the Table T100. By default, if you not specify any calss and number, you will use the area 00 and the Msgno 001.

Before it was returning message text : &1&2&3&4&5&6&7&8.

But depending of the configuration of your table T100, you can have 'No vendor specified'.

You have two choices :

1. force your message Area and Msg number instead of the default one.

2. Change in table T100.

Kr

gabriel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

This is a bug. I've seen the issue at two clients after upgrading to ECC 6.0.

Message Class 00 Message 001 is incorrectly set to 'No vendor specified' for English (EN). It is correctly set to '&1&2&3&4&5&6&7&8' for German (DE).

It's very easy to fix. Just update the Message for English to &1&2&3&4&5&6&7&8

Thanks,

Jesse