cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Template designer and WebService

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need some help or documentation about the template designer.

We're upgrade from CRM 5.0 to CRM 2007.

In CRM 5.0 we used the transaction CRM_KW_TEMPL where we could add templates to objecttype BUS2000116.

After reading some posts on SDN i understand that we can't use these templates anymore.

The post '[CRM Content Management in CRM 2007|]' gives some usefull information. However i don't know what kind of webservice to define.

In the transaction SOAMANAGER i can see about 120 web services. Do i have to edit one, create a new one, or...??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved:

1. Create a document template profile with the name: GDCOI

CRM -> Basic Functions -> Content Mangement -> Define Document Template

2. Assign profile GDCOI to Transaction Type.

CRM -> Transactions -> Basic Settings -> Assign Transaction to Templates for folder and doc. templates profiles

3. Create webservice with Business object: GDCOIC and mainobject: Virtual object for IC Web (GDCOIRoot). Choose componentset: CRMIC_DEFAULT.

4. Check webservice, activate and set to productive.

The next problem we have is a shortdump after closing the letter in the IC WebClient. I will let you know asap if SP04 will solve this problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Remco,

did applying SP04 solved this problem? Can you provide us some information regarding this.

Applying the mentioned note is not solving my problem mentioned in the link above.

Regards

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

After applying SP04 we still get a shortdump after closing/ending (email send icon) the document.

Access via 'NULL' object reference not possible.

Method: IF_CRM_IC_BCS_COMM_ITEM~SEND of program CL_CRM_IC_BCS_COMM_ITEM=======CP

HTTP 500 - Internal server error.

Already created OSS message... Anyone else an idear?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a similiar problem described here:

Link: [;

xavier_dehairs2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

No, you need to create the web service via the Web Service tool which is available via the Document templates link in the Web Client, when you are logged-on with business roles SALESPRO (under Sales Operations).

Then when your web service is created and with status 'Productive' you can link it to a new template (word or adobe) via the Document template in Web Client.

You can find more informations about this on help.sap.com, just look for document templates and Web Service Tool !

Regards,

Xavier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the answer.

In the document-templates there is indeed a link to the webservicestool. However this link is grayed-out, probably because there are no services yet.

If found the Webservice tool under the logical linkid: CT-WS-CR & CT-WS-SR.

xavier_dehairs2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Indeed,I saw this as well in CRM 2007 and it was not the case in 5.2.

Now, to have this link enabled, you must fill in all data in the template screen, even if you put anything in there, and then the link becomes active ! So just put some data in all the fields you have in the new template creation screen, hit ENTER, and the link becomes active.

Regards,

Xavier

Former Member
0 Kudos

We created a webservice, active and productive. Tested the WSDL and service and looks like it's working.

However, after creating a template (Word) we cannot find any template when we want to create a letter (logical link: IC_LETTER).

When creating the templates we used bus1006 or bus2000116.

I really need some more customizing info or SAP documents.

xavier_dehairs2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

IC_LETTER -> is it in the context of the Interaction Center ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

IC_LETTER is a work center in the default Nav Bar profile IC_AGENT.

The logical link id: IC_LETTER (Letter)

The target id: IC_LET

Is this what you mean?

xavier_dehairs2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Here is some info coming from HELP.SAP.COM for your issue:

If you are using the Microsoft Word editor, you have created a GDCOI service object for document templates using web services.

For more information, see the business user documentation under Tell Me About... Generic Functions Web Services Tool Creating a Web Service .

If you are using the Microsoft Word editor, you have created any content management templates that you would like to use.

You can do this in the IC Manager role, by choosing Knowledge Management Document Templates and clicking New.

Maintain the following IC-specific settings:

Under Object Type, select GDCOI or the name of the object you have created using web services.

Under Web Service, select WS for IC (web services for IC).

For more information about creating templates, see Template Designer and Creating a Microsoft Word Template.

Regards,

Xavier

Former Member
0 Kudos

We created a webservice, however a webservice is optional when creating a template.

A created templates without a webservice should be visible when creating a letter.

The page where we select a letter is empty.

Steps for reconstruction:

1. Identify & confirm account

2. Open serviceticket (BUS2000116)

3. Go to menu 'Letter'.

4. Give a name and click on new.

5. Popup page to select is empty. No templates found.

But if we go to the menu 'Document Templates' and we search for bus-object BUS1006 or BUS2000116 we get a nice list with our created templates. With and without a webservice specified.

xavier_dehairs2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

did you tried what i told you ? it is coming from the standard documentation so this should be correct

I would be you, i would try the suggested approach just to see if this template created following the documentation is displayed or not. If not, then it might be a bug. If yes, then your approach might not be the correct one.

And at the same time, i suggest you opening an oss message.

Keep us informed about the solution !

Regards,

Xavier

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did, however GDCOI does not exist. We created a service with object GDCOIC.

But, that doesn't work either.

We already created a oss message. I was hoping someone else was using this already with succes.

Edited by: Remco de Jong on Oct 17, 2008 4:31 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Remco,

I am facing similar issues as mentioned in your post. I carried out the steps you had mentioned but I am now getting the Active X error while trying to create a document template designer using a webservice I created in the WST. I have consulted note 1018674 and ensured that the following browser settings are activated but still I keep getting the error.

- Active Scripting

- Run Active X Controls and plug-ins

- Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe

Also, since I had been trying to create a microsoft word type of template the system does open an instance of the word doc. Can anyone pls advice?

How can we ensure that the webservice we have created is working. When I try to test the service in the WST tool, I keep getting the message - URL cannot be retrieved. Does it mean that the service has not been created correctly?