Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Batch Determination within Production Orders

I am trying to setup Batch Determination within Production Orders so ideally will be triggered by release

function. Note that Collective Orders are used.

I have already configured Batch Determination within Inventory Management and this is working OK within MIGO - issue components to an order (261 movement).

However I am having trouble getting it to work with Production Orders.

I have setup the following :-

1) Strategy type defined for Prod Order with class (022) and sort rule specified. Charactertic LOBM_VFDAT

defined within the class. Access sequence is Order Type, Plant and Component.

2) Search procedure defined using OPLG which refers to the Strategy Type.

3) Search procedure is allocated to the Prod Order type and plant using OPL8

4) Batch managed component has Material Master MRP2 Batch Entry field set to '3' (automatic batch determination on release of order)

5) Batch Determination Search Strategy defined using COB1 which refers to the Order Type, Plant

and Batch Managed Component. If I view this afterwards using COB3 and choose selection criteria I get

the message 'There are no selection options for the specified class'. If I press sort the Sort rule field shown

is blank.

Within the Production Order If I manually trigger batch determination for the Batch managed Component I get the message 'Batch Determination for <component> without selection data'.

Pressing continue there are no batches

listed. Pressing the log button the message 'No search strategy could be found' is shown. Expanding the Batch Stocks are being read shows all the batches. Expanding the Search according to selection criteria section shows the message 'Does not correspond to selection criteria' after each batch.

Could anybody assist ?

Regards.

Phil.

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question