cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Determination within Production Orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to setup Batch Determination within Production Orders so ideally will be triggered by release

function. Note that Collective Orders are used.

I have already configured Batch Determination within Inventory Management and this is working OK within MIGO - issue components to an order (261 movement).

However I am having trouble getting it to work with Production Orders.

I have setup the following :-

1) Strategy type defined for Prod Order with class (022) and sort rule specified. Charactertic LOBM_VFDAT

defined within the class. Access sequence is Order Type, Plant and Component.

2) Search procedure defined using OPLG which refers to the Strategy Type.

3) Search procedure is allocated to the Prod Order type and plant using OPL8

4) Batch managed component has Material Master MRP2 Batch Entry field set to '3' (automatic batch determination on release of order)

5) Batch Determination Search Strategy defined using COB1 which refers to the Order Type, Plant

and Batch Managed Component. If I view this afterwards using COB3 and choose selection criteria I get

the message 'There are no selection options for the specified class'. If I press sort the Sort rule field shown

is blank.

Within the Production Order If I manually trigger batch determination for the Batch managed Component I get the message 'Batch Determination for <component> without selection data'.

Pressing continue there are no batches

listed. Pressing the log button the message 'No search strategy could be found' is shown. Expanding the Batch Stocks are being read shows all the batches. Expanding the Search according to selection criteria section shows the message 'Does not correspond to selection criteria' after each batch.

Could anybody assist ?

Regards.

Phil.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Assign Automatic batch creation in OPKP - Production scheduling profile.

Go to OPKP -> choose profile 000001 -> Batch management -> Automatic Batch Creation in the Order -> choose 1.

Then assign the profile to corresponding material master under Work Scheduling.

Check and revert back.

Regards,

S.Babusingh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorted out the problem. When Batch Search Strategy was created using COB1 valid from date was current date. I have amended the valid from date to a value in the past and this has corrected the problem.

Regards.

Phil.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Phil,

Wheather u get the batch number comes automatic in component view while releasing the order or u select the component and trigger the batch determination procedure manually?

Pl.share the ur exp.

Regards:Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to determine batch for componenet in production order then follow below steps -

1. Activate batch management in component & finished good in material master

2. Assign batch search procedure in customizing in order dependent parameters - with appropriate plant & order type

3. Create class required for batch search with required characteristic.

4. Assign this class to respective batches of componenets with proper value in characteristic filed.

5. Create batch search strategy (refer batch search strategy asssigned in customizing for order type) for respective componenet.

6. In that assign class in selection condition & sort rule for required characteristic value. Save after inputting other details.

7. Then you can check it at the time of production order release as per settings in material master for components.

May this will help you.

Regards,

Ashish