cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Career Planning and Succession Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please tell me ......What is the difference between Career Planning and Succession Planning. What is a development Plan?

Thanks,

Rashmi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

Career planning is done for all positions whereas succession planning is done only for the critical positions within the organization (e.g. CEO).

Development plan consists of the planned trainings, qualifications to be developed by a personnel within a certain period of time.

SAP Help Definitions:

Career Plan : A career planning scenario takes an employeeu2019s personality, skills and abilities and determines the positions this employee should occupy in the course of his or her future career, and the training measures required to obtain the additional qualifications needed for this. A career planning scenario anticipates how an employeeu2019s career will develop.

Succession Plan: Succession planning sets out to ensure that there is a continuous supply of qualified personnel.

Development Measure: A development plan is a grouping together of personnel development measures. The objective of a development plan is to provide specific qualifications.

Regards,

Dilek

former_member21276
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my understanding Carrer Planning is a continous process & is part of the performance appraisal as well. Here the EE's carrer is planned by taking inputs from him/her like interests, goals, aspirations, etc.

Sucession planning is more from a HR/Manager perceptive i.e. to recognize / find a suitable person for a position. Assume a position is empty or going to empty the HR/Manager should have planned in advance for a back fill for that particular position.

Individual Development plan would be a plan mutually decided after a performance appraisal. This would inculde trainings, exposure to other projects, etc.

Tnx

SKR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Very Much