cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valuation is not changing in DMR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Note: This is the continuation of my previous thread. Sorry, If I am asking some basic doubts.

My clien requirement is as follows,

They will not inspect the firts 9 lots. They will inspect only 10 th Lot. If some rejection found in between (at any stage..eg Production), they will inspect for next 6 lots continuously.

I have made Seven Stages.

1. Skip Stage - 9 times. If Ok then 2nd Stage. If NOT OK then 2nd Stage

2. Insp Stage - 1 time. If OK then 3rd Stage. If NOT OK then 2nd Stage

3. Insp Stage - 1 Time . If OK then 4th Stage If NOT OK then 2nd Stage

4. Insp Stage - 1 Time . If OK then 5th Stage If NOT OK then 2nd Stage

5. Insp Stage - 1 Time . If OK then 6th Stage If NOT OK then 2nd Stage

6. Insp Stage - 1 Time . If OK then 7th Stage If NOT OK then 2nd Stage

7. Insp Stage - 1 Time . If OK then 1st Stage If NOT OK then 2nd Stage

Whenevet the Lot is a Skip, we will not Inspect the Lot. We will give UD directly. So at the time, even if I give UD as rejected, Dynamic Valuation says "Accepted". So the stage remains at 1.

But, if I Valuate the Lot and enter the defect Qty in results recording and then if we give UD as rejected, then Dynamic Valuation says "Rejected" and so the stage change occurs & moved to 2.

My doubt: To make the stage change either we have to do the results recording or else by QDL2 (manualy changng the level). Is it correct?

Please guide and thnx in advance

Sinna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

It is depends up on your as well as client requirements.

1. I have doubt in Skip lot how your come to know the defect, bcz your not done any inspection.

So for that case if u want change the DMR level use QDl2.

Regards,

S.Babusingh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnx a lot Mr.Babu. I will ask my doubt in another way.

For a Skip Lot here we do check the Certificate at the time of GR.

Let us assume that the Certificate is checked by Stores person at the time of GR and MIGO is posted.

But at the Inspection level, I want to reject the Lot. So I am giving UD as REJECTED.

My expectation is the stage change should occur, for a Skip lot, without doing Results recording and by giving UD only.

Is it possible in Standard SAP?

Thnx in advance

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Follow the below procedure

Inspection without inspection results

If you entered a dynamic modification rule for lot-based dynamic modification

Either in the QM inspection setup for the material for the inspection type or

In the task list header

and you have not recorded any characteristic inspection results, or terminated the inspection, the valuation for the usage decision is copied as the dynamic modification valuation.

Inspection with inspection results

If you defined lot-based dynamic modification, entered a dynamic modification rule in the task list header, and recorded characteristic inspection results, the dynamic modification valuation is:

R (rejected), if at least one closed characteristic was rejected

A (accepted), if all characteristics are either closed and accepted, or have the status "Skip"

Check and give the feed back.

Regards,

S.Babusingh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnx Mr.Babu.

My process is working for the Second Option. That is when the lot is Valuated and when I reject any one of the characteristics, then Dynamic Valuation gets Rejected.

But the First option is not workig for me. That is, when I am not Valuating and reject the lot directly by giving UD:Rejected, then the Dynamic Valation still remains Accepted.

Please guide.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr.Babu,

First Option is working if I remove the Check box "Check Charcteristics" in Material Master. i.e) without valuating the results, if I give UD as Rejected then Dynamic VAluation changes to Rejected.

But If I remove the check box, I am not able to record the results of the Charcteristics in normal cases (i.e during Inspection Stage)

Please guide.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

There is no alternative soln for that.

If u want update the Quality Level Rejected for SKIP. You should follow any one like Reject any character in Result or Manually change the Quality level in QDL2.

Regards,

S.Babusingh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnx a lot for your continuous support Mr.Babu.

As you said, either I can use DMR based on either Lot - with Inspection Results or Lot - without Inspection results. I was trying for the both in the same cycle.

Now I am clear. Thnx a lot again.

Regards

Sam

Answers (0)